Native Content Editor - Pedestrian Group
Pedestrian Group is on the hunt for a creative and organised editor to join our growing native team. This position will be responsible for brainstorming, producing and optimising written branded content across our seven award-winning websites: PEDESTRIAN.TV, VICE Australia, Refinery29 Australia, The Chainsaw, Lifehacker Australia, Gizmodo Australia, and Kotaku Australia.
Reporting directly to the Head of Editorial – Native and E-Commerce, our dream candidate is a skilled editor who is creative, organised and able to balance client objectives with our publications’ integrity and varied tones of voice.
At Pedestrian Group, we work with a broad scope of brands including Microsoft, Disney, Telstra, Bumble, Bethesda, PlayStation, Commbank and more, meaning each day you’ll be covering a completely different passion point for a completely different client, publication and audience.
From money-saving hacks to a guide on sliding into someone’s DMs and why an 8K TV is worth the spend, no editorial angle is off the table, and out-of-the-box ideas are not only welcomed but championed.
As a gatekeeper of editorial integrity across our publications, it’s important that you’re able to whip out clever solutions for our clients and publications alike, and work collaboratively with our Creative Projects, Partnerships and Editorial teams on a daily basis.
The Native Content Editor will be required to:
- Produce native content – including everything from news announcements to social posts and longer-form lifestyle, technology and culture content – across any and all Pedestrian Group sites
- Brainstorm editorial angles with our Partnerships team in response to client briefs on a daily basis
- Work collaboratively with our Creative Projects team to deliver best-in-class native content while meeting client needs
- Occasionally commission and edit contributor articles
- Work collaboratively with our site editors to ensure all native content is reflective of the overall editorial strategy and its different audiences, as well as minimise content conflicts between organic and native content
- Track the progress of native articles through calendar and tracker spreadsheets
- Manage multiple campaigns concurrently
The position calls for someone with:
- At least 3 years editorial experience, freelancing or otherwise
- An appreciation for the importance of quality native content as a service to the reader
- The ability to change your writing tone to suit different audiences across pillars including tech, culture, lifestyle and business
- Time management skills and experience working to tight deadlines
- Strong writing, grammar and proofreading skills
- An understanding and proficiency in G-Suite tools
- A strong interest, or experience in, audience growth, conversion and analytics
- Knowledge of best SEO practices, Yoast and varying CMS platforms such as WordPress
- The foresight to spot a problem before it becomes one
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
This is a full-time position based out of Pedestrian Group’s offices in either Sydney or Melbourne.
If you’re keen to join us, send us the following:
- A cover letter outlining why you’d be the perfect fit for this role.
- Your CV (feel free to get creative)
We can’t wait to meet you!
*About Pedestrian Group*
Pedestrian Group is Australia’s leading youth-focused publisher, reaching a unique audience of more than 3.9 million Aussies per month, and more 18 to 39-year-olds than any other publisher. It’s home to PEDESTRIAN.TV, Refinery29 Australia, VICE Australia, The Chainsaw, Lifehacker Australia, Gizmodo Australia and Kotaku Australia, as well as the Westpac Open Air Cinemas. It’s wholly owned by Nine, Australia’s largest and most diverse media company.