Wedding & Events Coordinator
Brisbane - CBD & Inner Suburbs
Posted 29 Apr 2022
Closes 29 May 2022
The Lussh is a stunning warehouse style event space and wedding venue located in Woollongabba. We host weddings, parties and corporate functions. Our aim is to give our guests and clients a memorable experience in a beautiful setting, complemented by our team’s amazing customer service, personality, and creativity.
We are on the hunt for a talented and enthusiastic Weddings & Events Coordinator to join our growing team! You will be responsible for facilitating the seamless coordination of your own weddings, social and corporate events. This role requires high-level client contact from the initial enquiry and sales stage, through to the on-the-day coordination of the event. This is an exciting and varied role that will give you the opportunity to use both your logistical planning skills and creative flair.
Responsibilities and tasks include but aren’t limited to:
- Sales, including answering enquiries, taking venue viewings and converting to bookings.
- Manage your time efficiently so that all clients are being attended to at each stage of their planning process, managing the development and coordination of their events.
- Attendance for the initial portion of your client’s events, supporting bump in and formalities, and ensuring all that was planned is executed correctly.
- Liaise with clients to ascertain their precise event requirements & clearly relay that information to the operations team through event run sheets and floor plans.
- Assist clients with all styling needs and outsource styling elements that are not in-house.
- Focusing on growing your personal portfolio by upselling beverages & in-house styling and hire packages.
- Maintain a 24hr turnaround time in responding to all emails.
- Liaise with suppliers regarding bookings & logistics of bump in/bump out.
- Ensure insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are adhered to for all events.
- Achieve set KPI’s & targets including that all events have been paid for in full, prior to execution.
- Support other events coordinators as required and directed.
At this stage, we are envisioning this role as a casual position with up to 25 hours per week, including some weekend and evening shifts (when you have events), with the opportunity to expand into full time hours for the right person. Additional event hours (with current RSA) would be available if desired.
- Flexible availability (including weekends and evenings up to 8pm).
- Previous experience in a similar role is highly preferred.
- Confident and capable, with the ability to hit the ground running in most situations.
- You will have a positive, solutions-focused attitude, with the flexibility and willingness to be part of a committed team.
- You will be able to work autonomously and possess a sound knowledge of event coordination within a venue environment.
- Strong attention to detail is essential, as is a determination to seize opportunities to surpass guest expectations and enhance guest experience from the very first moment of contact.
- Previous event styling experience would be highly desired.
While previous experience in an events role is highly desired, training could be offered for the right candidate. Rather than just previous experience, it is essential to us that you possess the right attitude and above qualities as this is something that can not be taught!
Why Work With Us?
As a relatively new Brisbane venue, we are at an exciting time of growth! Our 2022 calendar is almost completely full, and 2023 is filling up fast. We also have some exciting renovations and expansions planned, and are looking for amazing people who are looking to expand their skills and grow with us.
As a part of our team, you will be able to:
- Take ownership of your own clients and events
- Have the opportunity for individual growth and career development
- Be part of a growing company that values your input and welcomes creativity and the sharing of ideas
- Competitive hourly rate with penalty rates for Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
If you would like to join our growing team, and be part of delivering incredible event experiences in a stunning environment, please send your resume through to email@example.com.