Volunteer Team Story Week 2022 Events
Posted 20 Sep 2022
Closes 20 Oct 2022
This role will further develop your event facilitation skills while giving you the opportunity to experience a professional work environment. It will build your networks across writing, theatre, government, arts festivals and site-specific projects.
The Story Week & Australian Poetry Slam Finals Volunteers role is voluntary/unpaid running for one week (ideally 2-3 events on days/evenings during Word Travels Story Week 15-23 October). Candidates need to complete the google form & include their CV alongside a cover letter in their application.
- Customer contact for Key Programs and events
- Answering questions from the public
- Person/contact/liaison with artists
- Examples include chaperoning, onsite runner or other assistance for Poetry Slam Final, merchandise stand for some volunteers
- Australian Poetry Slam Youth
- Australian Poetry Slam: International Performing Writers’ Program
- Sydney Story Week: a week of spoken word events
- Enthusiasm and basic understanding of live events
- An interest in writing and/or performance
- Consistent & pleasant, professional manner
- High level organisational + communication skills
- Exposure to front of house or festival environment
- Demonstrated capacity to work as part of a team as well as unsupervised
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
Location: Onsite across Sydney
Complete this google form & attach covering letter and resume.
Any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Volunteer with Story Week 2022″ in the subject line.
- Contact Name: Word Travels
- Contact Email: email@example.com