Transport to Treatment Driver - Port Macquarie
NSW - Port Macquarie & Mid North Coast
Posted 14 Mar 2023
Closes 13 Apr 2023
About Cancer Council NSW
Cancer Council NSW (CCNSW) is a community funded and focused not for profit. We are the largest cancer charity in NSW and our point of difference is that we work across every area of every cancer, from research right through to support.
CCNSW is an inclusive place to volunteer and work. We embrace diversity, celebrate our differences, and inspire each person to be their authentic self at work.
As we strive to represent the communities we serve, we welcome and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and other diverse groups.
About the role
The role of our Transport to Treatment Volunteer team is to assist the organisation by driving patients and their carers to and from treatment appointments.
Reporting to one of our amazing Community Coordinators, the position:
- Professionally liaising with clients, and in open communication with the Community Coordinator, deliver respectful and meaningful program services
- Respecting the privacy and confidentiality of others, and treats all personal information as confidential
- Driving passengers from their homes to the treatment centres. This is a curb to curb service
- Keeping records of trips using the systems specified by Cancer Council NSW
- Communicating with the service coordinator for reliable scheduling
- Monitoring and maintaining good health to prevent exposing patients to communicable infections, and declining to work when unwell
This role is 4-8 hours per fortnight with a minimum commitment to the role of 12 months in the Port Macquarie region.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and like to work with others in a positive and respectful manner
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about CCNSW services and services provided by other organisations
- Committed to attending all provided training and debrief sessions, as well as regular team meetings
- Proficient computer literacy in Microsoft Office and using online platforms.
About the Benefits
- Volunteer for a great organisation working towards a cancer-free future
- Be part of a dynamic team that works with community and our supporters
- Learn new skills, gain valuable work experience and apply your professional skills to work that makes a difference
- You’ll have access to our benefits, including a 15% discount at our retail stores across NSW, exclusive health insurance benefits and much more.
- Volunteer in an organisation that is recognised for Voice Project’s 2021 “Best Workplace” and “Change Champion” Award.
How to apply:
If this position interests you, apply now!
To begin your application, you will need to create an account or log in with your existing account. You can also give a call for a confidential conversation about this opportunity.
For further information regarding this role, please contact Kellie Loader, Community Coordinator on 02 4923 0707.
If you require any adjustments to submit your application, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, the health and safety of our people is a priority for us, Cancer Council strongly recommends all employees and volunteers to be vaccinated to minimise the risk of serious illness as a result of COVID19.
Cancer Council NSW is committed to promoting diversity in the workplace. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged and welcomed
- Contact Name: Divya Jothi
- Contact Email: email@example.com