Ticketing Systems Administrator
Sydney - CBD/Metro/Inner East & West
Posted 24 Jan 2023
Closes 23 Feb 2023
Position Title Ticketing Systems Administrator
Reporting to CRM & Ticketing Manager
Manages Ticketing Coordinator
VIP & Guest Ticketing Coordinator
Hours of Work 5 days per week, Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm with an understanding that Festival work will require some out of hours work which is considered for in the renumeration.
An additional 4 days of weekend work over the duration of the Festival will be remunerated in addition.
Location This role is based in The Rocks, Sydney.
Remuneration $60,000.00 pa (+Superannuation contribution)
Contract Date 13 February – 23 June 2023 (start date negotiable)
The Sydney Film Festival (SFF) is one of the longest running events of its kind in the world.
The annual June Festival brings the best new films from Australia and around the world to audiences in Sydney. As well as 250+ features, shorts, retros, and documentaries from over 50 countries across 350+ sessions at around eight Sydney-wide venues across 12 days. The Festival is celebrating its 70th Festival in 2023 between 7 – 18 June.
The Festival hosts several awards to recognise excellence in filmmaking, including the Official Competition, Documentary Australia Foundation Award for Australian Documentary, and Dendy Awards for Australian Short Films (which are Academy Award eligible) incorporating fiction, animation, and screenplay categories.
SFF also presents the Travelling Film Festival, taking mini festivals to 19 venues across regional NSW, the Northern Territory and regional Queensland. SFF receives funding from federal, state, and local government, corporate sponsorship, and philanthropic donations.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The Marketing and Ticketing teams are responsible for the successful promotion of all aspects of the festival, including film, program strands and non-film events. They carry the primary responsibility for achieving sales and attendance targets and runs all advertising, publicity, promotional and ticketing activity for SFF, the TFF and related corporate areas including Development and Philanthropy.
The Ticketing Systems Administrator is responsible for supporting the CRM & Ticketing Manager with the successful running of Ferve Ticketing System. This involves facilitating the sale of subscriptions, flexipasses and single ticket sales across multiple venues through system maintenance, reporting and updates. The candidate will be required to work all dates of the Festival (7-18 June 2023) in the day/evening and occasional weekends post SFF launch. Time in Lieu and salary will reflect these additional hours.
This is a great opportunity for a people with box office experience to have a hands on roll with systems, databases and back end logistics of ticketing processes.
- Manage Ferve Tickets software building all ticketed sessions and implement all necessary price-types, holds etc.
- Assist with the sale of subscription, Flexipasses and single ticket sales over multiple venues and the distribution of these tickets to patrons.
- Support box office staff with exchanges, refunds & customer service as needed.
- Provide superior standard of customer service at all times.
- Ensure on-going maintenance of the customer database as it relates to the ticket sales data information.
- Supervise subscription sales, including processing payments, seat map allocation & sending collateral to subscribers.
- Assist with maintaining the Ferve Ticketing System and website updates
- Support TFF sales enquiries & Ferve Ticketing System as needed.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Experience within a major event or Festival, which offered a wide range of ticket and booking options including subscriptions; multi-ticket purchase platforms as well as a large volume of single tickets.
- A minimum of three years ticket sales experience (experience with Ferve highly regarded).
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proofing ability.
- Strong computer skills including experience in using Microsoft Office products (eg Intermediate to Advanced Excel, Word); working with databases in an office environment.
- Experience handling cash.
- Experience working collaboratively as part of a team in a busy event environment.
- A flexible attitude to working hours.
- Proven ability to work in a high-pressure environment, with competing priorities stakeholders and deadlines.
- An interest in film and the film industry, and/or live cultural events.
- Experience with Ferve, Salesforce, WordPress and/or Eventival.
- Team Focus: Is committed and skilled at working with and assisting others to achieve positive outcomes
- Flexible: Demonstrates a willingness to take on new challenges, roles and responsibilities and adapt positively to changing working conditions and priorities
- Self-starting: Highly motivated to achieve, shows initiative and acts proactively to deliver excellent results without directive supervision
- Interpersonal: Skilled at building rapport, understanding others needs and developing effective working relationships
Please send your CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria and your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Wed 1 February 2023.
Interviews to commence shortly after application closing date
SFF is an inclusive workplace and encourages applicants of all abilities and backgrounds.
- Contact Name: Joshua Forward
- Contact Email: email@example.com