Talent & Campaign Manager
Posted 12 May 2023
Closes 11 Jun 2023
Mushroom Group is Australia and New Zealand’s largest independent music and entertainment group operating from Melbourne, Sydney and Auckland. Founded by Michael Gudinski and now run by his son Matt, Mushroom has been synonymous in the music and entertainment industry for 50 years.
With over 20 companies under the Group umbrella, Mushroom is a family-orientated company, and that family includes our artists, staff and partners. Mushroom is called home by more than 200 of Australia and New Zealand’s most experienced, creative and passionate people; and we work closely with thousands of artists and organisations worldwide – year in, year out.
Exciting opportunity to lead and grow a new division within the Mushroom Group
With the expansion of Mushroom Group’s Management division, a brand-new role within a sought-after team has been created to level up Mushroom’s exciting new content creator/influencer division.
Working with the Talent and Relationships Director, this new role will help lead campaigns from procurement to execution, managing talent and assisting in driving the brands social pages.
Some of the regular responsibilities will include but not limited to:
Talent management – managing the Content Creator/Influencer roster.
- Day to day: leading communication and management with Mushroom Management clients
- Talent Scouting: Help develop and grow the talent division by scouting new talent, clients and opportunities
- Generating Sales Leads: Creating campaign opportunities with brands and agencies for the Mushroom Management roster
- Collaborating with in-house teams: You will work closely with extended in-house companies to report in our roster activity and help procure further opportunities across the talent roster
Campaign Management –
- Expand our current client base and presence in talent lead campaigns: Seeking and procuring opportunities with brands to lead and execute meaningful talent/artist campaigns
- Procure brand deals: pitching and securing brand opportunities for the Mushroom Management roster
- Collaborating with in-house teams: You will work closely with extended in-house companies in procuring and fostering relationships for the overall Mushroom Group.
- Working in with Mushroom Creative House: Working closely with our brand agency to seek further opportunities within their scope
- Build and Maintain Relationships: Continuing in upholding a high calibre of care in relationships with pre-existing clients and beyond
- Client/Talent Hosting: Hosting clients and talent at concerts and events through our in-house brands including Frontier Touring, Illusive Presents and Day on The Green (including events that fall in and out of regular business hours when required)
This role is suited to an experienced Campaign manager with an interest in the influencer and talent management landscape, with proven experience managing other talent, that is looking to progress to the next stage of their careers within an exciting industry and great working environment.
Sounds like you? If so, you will have the following.
- 3+ years of professional experience in a Campaign or/and Talent management role
- Experience working within a similar role in entertainment, looked upon favourably though not essential
- Proven experience in pitching and securing new business
- Strong ability to negotiate and troubleshoot throughout the deal process
- You have a track record of delivering revenue and commercial results with the ability to achieve targets set for the department and company
- Has in depth understanding of the Australian media and talent landscape
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment, where every day is different
- Multitasking various projects at one time
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite – Outlook, Excel, Teams etc
- A really strong eye for detail and accuracy, combined with an ability to quickly turn things around and get the job done
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Works well under pressure and has the ability to multitask
- Proven ability to quickly build and maintain successful relationships
We’re looking to fill this role immediately, so if this sounds like you, please submit an application with your resume and a cover letter outlining what it is about you that makes you the perfect candidate for this role. This position will be based on-site in Albert Park with some flexibility to work remotely. All applicants must be fully vaccinated.
We will be reviewing the applications as they come in and commencing interviews quickly – so please don’t delay in applying.