Posted 2 Mar 2023
Closes 1 Apr 2023
The Editors is a well-regarded post production facility, offering a roster of awarded Editors and access to top freelance colourists and flame artists, located in the heart of Sydney, Newtown. We’re in search of a part-time studio & production runner to join our team and dive into this fast-paced, hardworking, creative industry.
Our Runner is responsible for a range of tasks from servicing clients with teas and coffee, managing the kitchen supplies, arranging daily lunches and sometimes dinners, to assisting with answering telephones, data entry and general office administration.
The production runner must be able to cope under a busy environment with frequent requests from clients and colleagues, responding quickly and appropriately using their own initiative throughout the day.
This is an entry-level position that will provide you with a great stepping-stone into the Film and Television industry.
You must be enthusiastic, flexible, collaborative and have excellent communications skills.
What can you expect to do as a studio / production runner?
- Making tea, coffees and the occasional cocktail for clients
- Taking beverage and lunch orders
- Supporting production desk, editors and the edit assist team
- Ensuring building is plentiful with office supplies and client snacks
- Set up of edit suites and building including front garden
- Running errands ie. Flowers, delivering urgent drives, picking up lunches
- General admin, including assisting the Partners
What you Require:
- Excellent organisation & time management skills
- Be intuitive to the needs of the studio
- The ability to work autonomously and collaboratively
- Positive attitude and the drive to work variable hours
- Passion and good work ethic
- Full driver’s license essential
In essence, the studio runner role is in place to service our clients and our production team in order to run a smooth and seamless post facility. We’re a fun, energetic family who are excited to meet some fresh, eager faces!