Posted 9 Mar 2023
Closes 8 Apr 2023
Mutual Muse is expanding into a bigger (3x the size!) brighter and more fabulous store in Northcote and we need a Store Manager. We’d love to hear from candidates with broad knowledge of, and experience in the fashion industry, with a drive to contribute to it in a sustainable way. We’re a supportive, nurturing and collaborative environment with huge opportunities for career progression.
Who we are…
Mutual Muse is a place to buy and sell gently used second-hand clothing, shoes and accessories. We have two brick & mortar stores, Brunswick and Northcote and an Online shop selling a curated selection of pieces from our stores.
Our core values are sustainability, playfulness, inclusivity and accessibility, collaboration and personal style – we embody these everyday.
We are a purpose-led organization who are making a difference via the circular economy.
If you don’t know of us, we encourage you to peruse our website and social media to soak up the vibe of who we are as a business.
Who you are and what you know…
We’re looking for a candidate with fashion retail management experience. Someone who’s strong yet gentle in their leadership style and will motivate those around them to foster individual and collective growth. We are expanding as a company and need someone who sees, and can contribute to, the big picture while ensuring the day to day operational needs of the store are met.
To succeed as a Store Manager at Mutual Muse you will;
– have proven experience in retail management and customer service
– enjoy leading a team
– possess great communication and problem-solving skills
– be immersed in trends, style and fashion
– have a vast knowledge-base of local and international brands
– be passionate about the circular-fashion economy, its values and ethics
– be community minded
– have good research skills and an eye for detail
– think objectively, with nuance and under time-pressure
– demonstrate initiative
– have exceptional organisational and time management skills
What your role will involve…
As a Store Manager you will embody the values and mission of Mutual Muse by motivating your team and cultivating the unique store environment that sets Mutual Muse apart from other retail settings, for both customers and staff. Day-to-day you will work to achieve positive and consistent outcomes across; people & culture, store operations, marketing and finance.
– Demonstrate leadership through effective and accountable; delegation, motivation, initiative, time management and organisation
– Mentor your team to improve and maintain performance and foster growth through the provision of constructive feedback and guidance
– Be the face of the brand: lead by example in Mutual Muse’s customer service, values and missions
– Work closely with your Area Manager and the Exec Team on all aspects of your store with the opportunity to contribute to wider business initiatives
– Represent and advocate for the business via effective written and verbal communication with customers and stakeholders
– Buy and manage your stock! You will undertake fast-tracked training to be a Mutual Muse Buyer. You will build on your existing knowledge of fashion to become a confident and proficient Buyer and use these skills to keep your stock fresh and on-trend
– Develop, implement and uphold systems, policies and procedures
– All general retail duties including opening, closing, sales and general housekeeping
What we can offer you…
– The opportunity to work for a fast-growing small business with big dreams!
– A supportive, nurturing and collaborative environment. We have an amazing team that is diverse, creative and passionate
– A space to explore your strengths and play to them
– Excellent work/life balance
– We prioritise your mental and physical health at all times
– A 34 hr full-time work week
– A variety of other fun perks
This will be a full-time role with a Tuesday to Saturday roster paying a General Retail Industry Award Level 7+ commensurate with experience.
– Please write a cover letter to help us get to know you. We would love to know about your favourite brand(s), your interest in the recycled fashion industry and what you want from your next role
– PDF format only please
We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and identities, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disability to apply.
- Contact Name: Emma Barton
- Contact Email: email@example.com