Posted 29 Apr 2022
Closes 29 May 2022
We’re looking for an experienced and highly organised copywriter to join our team. It is a flexible role that can be hybrid or work from home.
This is a fast-paced and diverse role involving blog writing, editing, proofing and a variety of copywriting tasks including magazine creation, newsletters, website copy, brand copy, industry articles and more. We’re after someone who’s a whizz with words, understands the digital landscape and who will deliver stand-out content for our clients.
A bit about Sea Salt
We’re a small business with a massive heart, and our tight-knit team loves to collaborate because we believe there is value in everyone’s voice. We have twice yearly team building offsites to foster learning about our work and each other.
Our clients are in one of the most exciting and steady industries – construction and building – and we work with builders all over Australia, making their marketing worry-free by crafting unique marketing plans and strategies to help their businesses grow.
Sea Salt was established in December 2015, and we are now in a super exciting phase of growth – and this is where you come in, because our plans for the future include shaping this role to what you’d love it to be.
What you’ll get from us
We believe in a work-life balance and understand the need for flexibility. We are looking for someone to work hybrid from our Melbourne CBD co-working space or from home.
Working from our sustainable, B-corp certified offices, you’ll enjoy free brekkie on Tuesdays, weekly yoga and meditation classes, and professional development and networking opportunities.
Pet friendly, you can bring your furry friend to work, and even Friday night drinks! State-of-the-art features include sensory rooms, maker spaces, rooftop beer gardens, wellness studios, and a podcast studio. Plus, there’s proper coffee to get your barista on and beer and cider on tap for your inner bar tender.
Further perks include
- Access to perkbox with over 1,000 perks and discounts
- Treats and presents on your birthday and work anniversaries
As our new team member, you will have the skills to:
- Research and write compelling blogs with click-bait titles
- Write, proof and edit copy for a wide range of mediums including websites, e-books, newsletters, magazines and industry articles
- Ability to write SEO copy for websites in line with approved keyword research
- Develop client brand guidelines including content pillars, brand story, tone of voice, language do’s and don’ts
- Creative thinking and coming up with new, proactive content ideas for clients
- Write, edit and proofread a range of content in line with client’s brand guidelines
Required qualifications & experience
- Degree in marketing, communications or related field
- 5 years+ experience in copywriting and editing
- Strong copywriting skills and pedantic with spelling and grammar
- Highly organised and driven
- A commitment to your own learning and development and the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, clients and freelancers
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Passionate and self-driven
- Willingness to take initiative
- Demonstrated experience understanding and effectively carrying out a brief
- Love of copywriting and digital marketing
- Familiarity with WordPress is an advantage
- Ability to solve complex problems with innovative solutions
If you’re as excited about meeting us as we are you, drop us an email with your resume and we will be in touch.