Social Media Manager
Posted 17 Jun 2022
Closes 17 Jul 2022
TABOO is an independent creative agency based in Cremorne. We’re a tight-knit team with a closely guarded culture, so every hire is a big deal. This one is no exception. This role will see you work across all our clients with key focus on TAC, Coopers and Telstra as our biggest clients.
This is very much a hands-on-the-tools position. You need a thorough understanding of each social platform and the different ways it is used as well as having your finger on the pulse of emerging social trends and user habits so that our strategies can evolve with them. As well as this, you need an understanding of brands and brand positionings to ensure that all work we deliver in this space accurately represents the broader brand strategy.
The role sits within the strategy department, giving you exposure to brand strategy and the opportunity to grow into a broader and more senior strategic role. You will report directly into the Senior Strategist and manage the Social Creator.
This position entails the following:
- Developing and executing social media strategies on behalf of our clients.
- Developing and executing influencer/creator strategies on behalf of our clients.
- Developing inspiring social creative briefs for the Creative department.
- Conducting research to gain insights around our clients’ industry, competitors and brands to establish unique positionings that will achieve marketing objectives.
- Scheduling social media posts across all clients along with paid media implementation.
- Conducting and presenting insightful monthly and post-campaign reports for clients.
- Complete data analytics and research to gain insights around our clients’ industry, competitors and brands.
- Assisting and supporting the Social Creator with ongoing community management and social governance.
Those who succeed
– Be able to understand and execute the application of ‘brand’ in the social landscape.
– Proactive and always pushing the agency and our clients to do make effective and innovative work.
– Comprehensive knowledge of social media landscape across all key platforms, including Facebook Business Manager, Google Ads and TikTok Ads.
– Confident in communicating with clients and stakeholders.
– A genuine love of ideas and creating things that challenge the status quo.
– A team player who contributes to a fun, inclusive and productive team culture.
– Strong organisational and time management skills.
– Excellent verbal and written communications, with the ability to make a great looking deck in Keynote.
– Minimum 3+ years’ experience in digital media or a creative agency.
– Have a love of social media, insatiable curiosity and up to date with the ever-evolving landscape and trends.
– Be a genuinely great human to work with.
Agency responsibilities and B Corp responsibilities
As an accredited B Corporation, we strive to use our business as a force for good. As such, we require our team to conduct themselves in a way that contributes to the safety, wellbeing and happiness of all TABOO stakeholders, including (but not limited to) the TABOO team, our ecological environment and the communities in which we work and reside. You will also be provided with a number of KPIs to ensure you comply with TABOO’s key environmental, social, environmental and community commitments
Another thing you should know: TABOO is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive team. We like to have people with a range of perspectives, experiences and identities working at all ranks in the agency – because it makes our work better and because we believe no one should face barriers to employment on the basis of background or identity.
In this vein, TABOO is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and encourages people of all races, sexes, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations and affectional preferences, abilities, ages, religions, nationalities (with preference given to those who identify with one or more of the many language, tribal or nation groups on whose land TABOO and its employees reside) and other personal characteristics protected (and unprotected) by law.
- Contact Name: NIcole Skilbeck
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org