Social Media Manager
Sydney - CBD/Metro/Inner East & West
Posted 10 Jun 2022
Closes 10 Jul 2022
As a Social Media Manager at SHA PR there is a level of autonomy expected in your role, you are the main point of contact for your clients and are always looking for ways to get the best results for your clients. You are in the zeitgeist, you know what is trending and what gets results; and you are creating content with this in mind.
When it comes to KPIS you make these happen each and every month per the agency client agreements, to the SHA standard. For your clients, you are ready, available, professional and positive. You are honest and direct in your communications with your clients, in order to get them the best possible results. You work collaboratively with the graphic designer and social media assistant/s, to ensure your content is ready and scheduled, the community is always being engaged with and you are always thinking about getting the best results.
To be successful as a Social Media Manager at SHA PR you should:
- Be punctual and prepared for all meetings
- Bring insights and learnings to meetings
- Go over and above for our clients and agency
- See an opportunity and take it – don’t wait for someone to hold their hand.
- Be able to work collaboratively and autonomously
- Strong attention to detail
- Meet deadlines
- Have excellent internal comms with your colleagues
- Have energy and enthusiasm
- Align to the agency values
- Follow agency processes and procedures
Key skills for a Social Media Manager:
- Proven work experience as a Social Media producer and/or manager
- Hands on experience in content management
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video) across social platforms
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Basic design skills, Canva, Adobe etc
- Knowledge of ad tools to create, schedule, and post targeted ads that will reach a specific market
- Analytical and multitasking skills
Client management is the number one priority at SHA, as the Social Media Manager, you should be leading comms with your clients, proactively and confidently.
Working alongside the PR team to put together comprehensive content strategies to achieve KPIS and build engaged online communities across Instagram, TIK TOK and Facebook
- Plan, brief in and/or create content for your clients social calendars, including briefing and managing the junior graphic designer across IG, TIK TOK, and Facebook
- Work collaboratively with the Social Media team on content shoots with professional photographers, including putting together content briefs, sourcing props and ensuring best possible results.
- Put together launch content campaigns for new products that launch
- Brief interns and social media assistant on content you would like produced for your channels
REPORTING & CONTENT OPTIMISATION
- Review content and results, make recommendations on ensuring best performance
- Analyze engagement data, identifying trends in customer interactions and edit content based on results
- Prepare monthly reports and share weekly updates
SCHEDULING SOCIAL CONTENT AND ATTENTION TO DETAIL
- As the Social Media Manager you are responsible for ensuring content is created, approved and scheduled as per the approved content calendar
- This means ensuring client posts are scheduled to go live at the right time and that you are keeping an eye on this to ensure they do go live
- If a social media assistant or intern is supporting content scheduling, you need to ensure that they are properly trained and you are overseeing their work, if they make mistakes ensure it is addressed to prevent it happening again. As the social media manager you are responsible for ensuring content is correct – and schedule.
- Uploading and scheduling content in real time- TIK TOK, Reels, Stories
- Liaise with influencers and content creators to organise content
- Supporting the PR team with influencer relationships, influencer engagement and researching new potential partners.
- Manage paid macro and mid-tier influencer campaigns, including budget management and reporting on results
COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT & COPYWRITING
- Monthly content calendar caption writing
- Community management across multiple accounts
- Liaising with like-minded brands for social collaborations and giveaways with the view to recruit new followers
- Pitching new ideas to clients to ensure maximum results for key campaigns