Social Media & Event Coordinator
Posted 14 Jan 2022
Closes 13 Feb 2022
The Style Co is an event design studio based in Melbourne, creating memorable moments at weddings, private and corporate events.
A small yet driven team, we’re incredibly passionate about what we do and have big things coming in 2022.
Our standards are set very high but with that comes a fun and creative working environment and a chance to work with one of the best teams in the industry.
What’s the role?
In this new multi-faceted full time role, we are looking for someone with incredible attention to detail, that can be client facing in an event planner role, assisting with sourcing all key vendors, creating run sheets and budgets with meticulous detail, and be the second pair of hands on event day ensuring seamless execution. The other half of the week you will manage our social media, curating content for our online platforms and engaging with our online community with the aim of increasing traffic and driving engagement to reach new audiences.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager and Head Planner, you will be responsible for:
– Content curation & community engagement across multiple platforms aimed at increasing traffic and driving engagement
– Briefing and liaising with photographers on event day
– Coordinating, copywriting and creating event blogs for our new website set to launch early 2022
– Taking behind the scenes & styling content on event days
– Reporting on social media performance and implementing best in class initiatives
– Creating run sheets, budgets and appointments for each event (must love the admin)
– Sourcing and booking new vendors / suppliers
– Providing support to the Head Planner in preparing and delivering client meetings
– Being the second pair of eyes / hands on event day (no task is too small)
Who are we looking for?
– Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role within the marketing/events industries working with premium luxury brands
– Someone with a passion for social media with experience in content curation and community engagement across instagram and other platforms
– A creative mindset who has their finger on the pulse of luxury brands globally
– Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills and a can do attitude
– The ability to work both autonomously and in a team environment (dynamic and fast paced)
– Effective time management skills and meticulous attention to detail (must love the nitty gritty)
– Ability to work weekends is a must, some after hours appointments and long hours on event day
– Driver’s licence and a car
– A sense of humour – we work in a fast paced industry, fun is essential
– Passion – we love what we do and want someone who shares our love of beautiful design, food and celebrations
– Commitment – to going above and beyond for our clients and colleagues
Bonus points for:
– Experience in working with CMS (wordpress or similar), social media scheduling tools (SkedSocial or similar) & Facebook Business Manager
– Radiating a genuineness that instantly builds rapport with clients and suppliers (they are family to us, instantaneously)
– A passion for baking or cocktail making (either will do)
This role is full time and based at our studio in Cremorne.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Social Media & Event Coordinator”.
We will be conducting interviews from late January with the aim of starting by mid-late February 2022.