Social Media Coordinator / Freelancer (10-15hrs/week)
Posted 18 Jul 2022
Closes 17 Aug 2022
We are looking for a special social media and digital marketing wizard and all round content creator to help raise awareness of our brilliant little social exercise – Responsible Cafes.
About Responsible Cafes (RC):
Responsible Cafes is a growing community driven organisation that connects cafes with conscious consumers, builds community and reduces waste by encouraging cafes to take action and do their best reducing, reusing and recycling.
Responsible Cafes was founded in 2013 from the idea to offer people a discount if they BYO cups. The program grew organically at first through word of mouth, until the ABC War On Waste was broadcasted in 2017 and featured the initiative. Overnight the website went bonkers and we received 1000’s of emails and messages of support from CEO’s to grandparents and school kids wanting to know more about how they can minimise their impact.
We are now one of Australia’s most innovative, popular, & fastest-growing programs actively engaging cafes, councils and the community to improve sustainability. In 2018 we were recognised for our achievements and nominated for a NSW Green Globe. Last year we launched the world’s first rating system for cafes and ran a hybrid Cafes Summit event to engage the community further on these important environmental issues. In 2022 we were recognised by the WasteSorted Community Award in WA for our team effort in the hospitality industry.
We have now grown to 5000 cafes and continue to look at ways we can continue to keep the conversation active and drive more impact in the hospitality industry. We have a very active community on FB and Insta and are looking to constantly grow and nurture. We are a group of volunteers who really want to see the tide change on single use plastics. We have lots of fun doing it and make sure we meet regularly to celebrate our wins! So if you care about the state of the planet and love coffee then this could be just the experience you are looking for…
Compostable Alternatives is the right arm of Responsible Cafes and introduces certified home compostable solutions as the best alternatives to single use plastic packaging after reusables.
As part of the team, you will be our online community coordinator and have some responsibilities:
1. Engaging our @responsiblecafes community on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn including:
- Creating connexions and relationships with our audience of cafes and keen beans!
- Commenting on various posts every day
- Sharing relevant information in stories
- Being familiar with the various content available on our website and send relevant links and information to our community (in DMs, or comments)
- Tag relevant community partners, cafes, people to generate engagement and drive conversations
2. Creating content on @responsiblecafes Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn including:
- X3 weekly posts/reel on IG and daily stories
- X2 weekly posts on FB
- X1 weekly post on LinkedIn
- Most posts will have to be scheduled and approved in advance. There will also be room for spontaneous news
3. Creating content and engagement on @compostablealternatives Instagram including:
- Start creating a community of customers on IG
- Add photos to the creative feed on IG
- LinkedIn may be implemented at a later stage
- There will also be room for spontaneous news
4. Assist Responsible Cafes General Manager (based in Adelaide) with various tasks including:
- Prepare and send our sticker packs for cafes who order them
- Prepare and send our toolkit of assets to new Council members
- Work with the team on new campaigns. Prepare and execute communication plan on social media
Proficient in using Canva, Facebook Business Manager, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pianoly, IG video/reel editing tools
- You are available 10-15hrs per week: Monday is usually our weekly team meeting
- You have a passion for social media and experience creating and fostering an online community
- You have a bubbly, enthusiastic and creative personality
- You love to film, take photos and create short video content (stories, reel)
- You can create nicely designed posts and presentations and have a good eye for design and working within our style guide
- You are motivated by the mission to lead the change and help others do their best
- You are responsible, organised, on time and have an attention to details
- You can work in a team environment and remotely. You are flexible and independent
- You have great copywriting, marketing, communication skills
- You are motivated to work in a startup environment where you’ll be learning, have responsibilities and do multiple things
This is a great opportunity to be part of a fun team who want to make a positive change and get some good experience. Previous interns have gone on to do amazing things! We can’t wait to hear from you – send us a vid if you fancy it. Our team is based in Adelaide, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney.
How an application process at Responsible Cafes looks like:
1. apply via this page
2. if selected, you’ll be contacted for a phone interview
3. we’ll give you a small assignment to test your ideas
4. if selected, you’ll have a final interview with one of our team member
5. final decision is made
As an example, this is the application we selected from our previous amazing intern Amy, who stayed with us for 10 months, and recently moved back to the UK.
Amy sent us her CV, wrote a personalised cover letter and created an online portfolio on Canva as well as a short video explaining her motivations. Amy went above and beyond to show us her passion, skills and motivation to be part of the RC team and her application aligned really well with our mission and what we were looking for in terms of creativity, visual identity and personal alignment. Her application also reflected a good research and understanding of our content creation need so we skipped the small assignment step.
We also welcome student applications and are happy to sign an internship agreement with your University for credits.
Based on your experience, a weekly remuneration will be offered for the right applicant
Encourage the next cafe you visit to become Responsible Cafes! A small step can go a long way in our war on waste! 🙂
follow our actions on @responsiblecafes
- Contact Name: Marion Vigot
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org