Sydney - CBD/Metro/Inner East & West
Posted 2 Sep 2022
Closes 2 Oct 2022
The Local Project is Australia, New Zealand, and Asia Pacific’s fastest growing design publication, celebrating extraordinary local design to our global community. With an emphasis on the highest quality local architecture and design, The Local Project celebrates honest and human-centred design through premium print, digital, editorial, video and social content, with over 83M impressions per month across our owned, operated and third-party platforms. As we continue to diversify our content and grow our audience, we are seeking a creative, confident, and proactive Senior Videographer to join our team in Sydney!
The Senior Videographer will work closely with our in-house production team to lead our on-set video productions in filming and directing. They will also collaborate with the Production Manager and Director to achieve long-term strategic objectives for the business. The successful candidate will possess professionalism and display a creative and confident attitude towards their work.
The Local Project is on an exciting journey. Come join us as we grow our team, embark on the next phase of national and international expansion, secure new partnerships and create more content for our loyal and growing community.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a videographer
- Adept at handling and operating both 6k RED and Black Magic camera equipment
- Basic editing knowledge – briefing in and working alongside an in-house editor
- Drone license and ability to navigate a Mavic Pro drone
- Management of file storage and supply to client and in-house team
- Ability to interpret client briefs and apply to production
- Experience conducting on-camera interviews
- Good organisational skills and keen self motivator are essential characteristics
- Able to work against deadlines and KPI’s
- Ability to travel domestically as required
- Although not essential, a network of freelance resources with production and editing capabilities is considered beneficial
- Although not essential, a background knowledge, or interest, in the design industry is considered beneficial
- Sydney based
- Assist in leading The Local Project’s on set video productions with Content Creation team and team members – filming and directing
- Overseeing any drone licenses or permits required for shoots
- Liaising with Senior Editor (whether in-house or freelance) on delivery of video assets
- Interpreting brief in a manner befitting both The Local Project and the client
- Adhering to imposed deadlines regarding The Local Project’s media schedule and third-party client media schedules
- Delivering, storing and filing all raw footage and final assets
- Actively contributing to the planning of The Local Project’s forthcoming media schedules with insights, lead times and other relevant information
- Keeping up to date with required software and ensuring that The Local Project’s machinery is adequately serviced and fit for purpose
- Working alongside the Editing and Production Teams and Director to achieve long-term strategic objectives for the business
- A base understanding of architecture and the high-end design industry
- An excellent ability to operate the camera equipment provided to produce world-class architectural video productions
- An ability to manage an Assistant Videographer/s as the team expands
- A strong understanding of digital and social media, website and print advertising
- A strong understanding of the YouTube platform, it’s terms and conditions
- An ability to film at a consistently high level for multiple days per week
- Strong organisational skill
- Strong communication skills
- Multi-tasking master with unfaltering commitment to efficiency and quality
- Strategic thinking, being able to find innovative solutions to achieve success in the media landscape
- Competitive salary + super, with annual salary reviews.
- Mentoring and excellent career progression and development opportunities.
- Being part of Australia and New Zealand’s fastest growing media platform.
- Travel and networking opportunities.
- Inclusive and supportive team culture.
- Fun, creative, and social team environment including a fully stocked fridge and pantry.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
People are at the heart of our business and The Local Project is committed to creating a culture underpinned by diversity and inclusion. At The Local Project, we celebrate the unique qualities of our team so everyone can bring their whole selves to work, where they can thrive and belong. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people of any race, sexual orientation, gender, age or ethnicity, and those who are culturally or linguistically diverse, gender diverse, neuro-diverse or living with disability.
Please send a copy of your CV, cover letter, and examples of your work via LinkedIn or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!