Posted 26 Jul 2022
Closes 25 Aug 2022
Join multi-award winning digital content agency Storyation as our Senior Designer and play a role in delivering Australia’s best branded content for blue-chip brands like Destination NSW, NRMA, MetLife, Medibank and others.
The Senior Designer is part of Storyation’s digital content team and is responsible for ensuring that the visual content we create is creative, impactful and fit-for-purpose.
Reporting to the Digital Content Lead and working across a range of brands, the Senior Designer knows how to produce engaging visuals for social channels as much as they know how to craft a compelling pitch presentation for a client.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for storytelling and a drive to create content that feels new and original. They will demonstrate a deep understanding of creating visual content optimised for social as well as a wealth of experience working in InDesign.
The person we’re looking for has the following kinds of experience and skills:
- At least 5 years’ experience working as a graphic designer in similar roles at content or marketing agencies, media publishers or in-house, or a combination of these
- Experience developing concepts for social-first content including formats such as TikToks, Instagram Reels, social media tiles and carousels etc
- Up to date knowledge of digital and social best practices including specs of social channels
- An exceptionally high degree of proficiency in InDesign and other Adobe programs
- Exceptional aesthetic sensibilities for both static and moving content/visuals demonstrated by proven track record of work
- Responsiveness to feedback and experience working in a commercial environment with client partners
- Experience presenting/explaining work to clients and/or agency partners in partnership with client team
- A high degree of confidence and experience designing pitch decks, research reports, strategy documents and other non-editorial/content items
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with other social and content team members to deliver engaging designs and ideas that are fit for purpose for their channels
- Exposure to project management and workflow tools (e.g. Wrike, Trello, monday.com etc) to manage content and communicate progress or status of projects
- Some experience designing and/or assembling social content natively in-channel would be ideal.
The Storyation team is tight-knit, caring and high-performing, so if you want to join us, you should know there are four key behaviours we encourage in our people to help keep this an excellent place to work. These behaviours are:
- We prioritise healthy work relationships by bringing our team together in structured, productive ways, celebrating individual and joint achievements, promoting those little informal rituals that keep us together and, with a hybrid work policy,, we make sure to deliberately reach out to team members in person and online.
- We’re constantly looking for ways to improve our processes by creating ways of working that advantage us and getting rid of processes that hold us back or make things harder than they need to be, enabling collaborative, creative idea generation and leveraging the right processes from our parent brand Medium Rare.
- We confidently articulate our identity by making sure we tailor our pitch to the country we’re working in, leaning into and staying true to our strong Storyation brand and reputation, leading a positive relationship with our clients and showing them that we understand their worlds.
- We prioritise our integrity as a team and individuals by working hard to maintain high professional standards, seeking out diverse and varied client work and opinions within our team, pushing back on unreasonable client demands and talking openly amongst ourselves about the status and progress of the business.
NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have Australian citizenship or Australian permanent residency at this time; no recruiters, please.
- Contact Name: Lauren Quaintance
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org