Posted 17 Mar 2023
Closes 16 Apr 2023
Oaktree is an ambitious non-for-profit, with the mission of young people leading, demanding and creating a just world. Our volunteers are our biggest strength at Oaktree, so it’s incredibly important to efficiently recruit, train and maintain a strong volunteer base. At Oaktree, we believe that young Australians can create a more just and sustainable world by backing locally-led youth-centred organisations around the Asia-Pacific.
As a Recruitment Coordinator, you will be steering the recruitment arm of the Community Organising team. You will coordinate organisation wide recruitment by developing an effective recruitment strategy and ensuring our processes are inclusive and produce ideal candidates. You will also work with the Chief Community Organiser to ensure Oaktree’s internal team of dedicated volunteers are continually engaged and inspired.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Coordinate recruitment activities (e.g. draft position descriptions and upload these descriptions to our respective recruitment platforms).
- Maintain our recruitment tracker to ensure we have valuable data to support decision making and end of year reporting.
- Act as the liaison in communicating with external organisations to raise awareness regarding volunteering opportunities at Oaktree.
- Act as the “go-to” recruitment guru in handling recruitment inquiries across the organisation.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
- Has great written and verbal communication skills.
- Is a people person who can support and guide the volunteers they work with.
- Is committed to process improvement and streamlining.
- Feels comfortable working independently and in being part of a small team.
WHAT YOU WILL GET OUT OF IT:
- Gain experience in developing and implementing recruitment, training and diversity strategies.
- Build your personal and professional network in an amazing community.
- Make an impact in Australia and globally that provides young people with the opportunity to thrive.
- Be increasingly exposed to new and exciting opportunities.
We value will over skill, determination over degrees, and passion over years of experience. So go for it. Put your name forward!
TIME COMMITMENT: 5 hours per week (Friday preferred, volunteer).
REQUIREMENT: Valid Working with Children’s Check in Victoria (you can apply for one if you are an interstate volunteer)
REPORTS TO: Ashlea Henley, Chief Community Organiser
DEPARTMENT: Community Organising
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Friday 7th of April @11:59pm
For any questions, queries, or concerns, please contact Ashlea Henley, Chief Community Organiser at email@example.com
- Contact Name: Ashlea Henley
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org