Public Relations Account Director - B2B & Tech
Posted 18 Jul 2022
Closes 17 Aug 2022
We’re looking for an Account Director with a deep expertise across B2B tech and corporate sectors.
We are looking for someone who is crazy about the latest tech developments, who can’t wait to see what CES will bring and who is driven to help our clients tell their story through creative campaigns and compelling content.
You will be obsessed by the power of technology, its impact on business transformation and the communities in which they live. And you’ll be passionate about new channels and platforms and the power of influencers to reach new audiences. You’ll be driven to help companies better engage and connect with their people, partners and the public.
You’ll have the capability to work on some of the world’s leading global brands. You’ll have a solid understanding and demonstrable experience in media relations, content (social, digital, and written); and thought leadership campaigns (beyond research).
Connected to Weber Shandwick globally, you’ll work on meaty regional and global opportunities but, you’ll also enjoy the freedom and autonomy that comes from working in a small, dynamic, agile team here in Australia. You’ll collaborate with the strategy and creative team at Jack Morton on coming up with fresh and innovative ways for our clients to tell their stories.
Finally, you’ll have a seat at the table with the leadership team to shape the direction of the business and pursue the work and the clients you are passionate about.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
You will be responsible for:
• Making us sticky with our clients so that they trust us, value us and do more with us
• Knowing what’s going in in our world and in the world of your clients – you’ll be ahead of them, looking around corners and building that knowledge into strategic and creative plans
• Understanding how to use data to unearth insights to support the creative process
• Staying across mediums, platforms, and influencers, to inform the work you do. You’ll inspire others to do the same
• Thinking ahead, being proactive, seeking opportunities to do cool work which drives growth and fame for the agency
• Championing the Weber Shandwick brand
• Being a good partner to your client – one that is both partner and provocateur
• Planning and directing media relations strategy, audience insights strategy, integrated communications plans and measurement and evaluation
• The commercial success of your account
• Tackling the hard conversations
• Knowing and demonstrating our value
• Making sure you have the right team with the right skills and attitude to kick goals
• Leading by example
• Team effectiveness
• Forward planning and problem solving at a leadership level
• Actively participating in or leading agency-wide initiatives
• REF: PRIA Professional Framework – Directorial Stage – AQF Level 9; Experience: 8+ years
• Advanced and integrated knowledge of communications industry; communication channels; communication theories; Australian politics, society and media; communications practices; clients and customers; sector; and ethical practice and social responsibility
• Impeccable communications skills
• Strong media relationships and knowledge of the media landscape, with a focus on the consumer space
• Knowledge of the Australian influencer space, and experience working with influencers on behalf of consumer lifestyle brands to build authentic and credible content for your clients
• Demonstrable understanding of social and digital
• Demonstrated ability to find solutions to complex problems and determine advanced and integrated problem-solving strategies
• Alignment with our agency behaviours of Be tenacious, Be Brave, Be Curious and Be Yourself
• An entrepreneurial spirit
MEET WEBER SHANDWICK
You might know us as one of the world’s leading communications and marketing services firms.
But, we are so much more than that. Moving beyond public relations, our creators, strategists and technologists craft campaigns that do more than grab attention – they demand interaction, generating longterm value for our clients here in Australia and around the world.
In an age where disruption is the ‘new normal’, Weber Shandwick uses data and insight to develop the most innovative and integrated marketing and communication solutions for our clients.
SO, WHO IS JACK? (YOU MIGHT HAVE NOTICED THE OTHER LOGO!)
Jack is Jack Morton, our sister agency with whom we collaborate every day to create to bring unique and differentiated solutions to our clients.
Our collaboration has become so second-nature and the results so powerful that here in Australia we have become ‘a collective’ offering a blend of PR, experiences and content inspired by Ideas, Intelligence and Connections to design demand for some of the world biggest and bravest brands.
We are a unique Australian agency collective of proven experts from two global brands.
A rare collaboration between committed lovers of Creative, PR, Experience & Content. A new model for insightful storytelling that builds brands and drives demand.
We love people who care more than they’re asked. Who relish trust, fairness, and the opportunity to influence the work and the workplace from the ground up. Who thrive on the responsibility of freedom over the rigidity of rules for the chance to be extraordinary.
BASED: Level 7, 822 George Street, Chippendale, NSW