Public Relations Account Coordinator - Healthcare
Posted 18 Jul 2022
Closes 17 Aug 2022
PUBLIC RELATIONS ACCOUNT COORDINATOR – HEALTHCARE
We’re looking for an entry-level public relations professional who is looking to kick start their career as a public relations professional in health and corporate sectors.
Someone who has basic knowledge of the Australian media landscape, is a creative thinker and who is excited to jump into any challenge, no matter how big or small.
You’ll work with some of the world’s most well-known and leading consumer and tech brands. You’ll be an active and contributing member of the team with a love for fast pace, figuring stuff out and solving problems. You will be restless, curious, and tenacious and you’ll contribute to those around you in the pursuit of extraordinary work.
Connected to Weber Shandwick globally, you’ll work on meaty regional and global opportunities but, you’ll also enjoy the freedom and autonomy that comes from working in a small, dynamic, agile team here in Australia. You’ll work beyond the realms of Weber Shandwick, collaborating with the Jack Morton team and other specialists to leverage the expertise and offerings of other disciplines – all with the aim of creating compelling integrated solutions for our clients and doing extraordinary, meaningful, and impactful work.
THE WORK YOU’LL GET TO DO
We’ve got some great health and corporate clients.
You’ll work in close partnership with clients to develop and execute integrated creative communications campaigns including earned media, social media, and influencer marketing.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
You will be responsible for:
· Making us sticky with our clients so that they trust us, value us and do more with us
· Knowing what’s going on in the PR world and in the world of your clients – you’ll be ahead of them, looking around corners and building that knowledge into strategic and creative plans
· Staying across mediums, platforms, and influencers, to inform the work you do. You’ll inspire others to do the same
· Thinking ahead, being proactive, seeking opportunities to do cool work which drives growth and fame for the agency
· Championing the Weber Shandwick brand
· Develop media releases, pitches, and materials, including research, writing, editing, collating, and distributing through relevant media channels
· Liaise and attend meetings with clients, media, prospective clients, and internal teams
· Respond to and follow up media enquiries
· Monitor and report on client media and social media activity
· Plan and carry out editorial features research and advise team on relevant opportunities for clients in consultation with account managers
· Support event management including research, venue and talent selection and management
· Support influencer relations and social media campaigns, including research, asset sourcing and development of simple communication materials
· Support the administrative team by providing back-up phone support
· Participate as positive, active, and interested team members, providing support to colleagues and ensuring they take every opportunity presented to learn and develop
· 0-1 year communications experience
· A relevant degree in media or public relations
· Demonstrated strong interpersonal, communication and project management skills, a creative flair, and an interest in the media
· Flair for creativity and innovation
· Good industry knowledge and experience in building influential networks
· Outstanding organisation skills
· Alignment with our agency behaviours of Be tenacious, Be Brave, Be Curious and Be Yourself
· An entrepreneurial spirit
MEET WEBER SHANDWICK
You might know us as one of the world’s leading communications and marketing services firms.
But, we are so much more than that. Moving beyond public relations, our creators, strategists, and technologists craft campaigns that do more than grab attention – they demand interaction, generating long-term value for our clients here in Australia and around the world.
In an age where disruption is the ‘new normal’, Weber Shandwick uses data and insight to develop the most innovative and integrated marketing and communication solutions for our clients.
SO, WHO IS JACK? (YOU MIGHT HAVE NOTICED THE OTHER LOGO!)
Jack is Jack Morton, our sister agency with whom we collaborate every day to create to bring unique and differentiated solutions to our clients.
Our collaboration has become so second-nature and the results so powerful that here in Australia we have become ‘a collective’ offering a blend of PR, experiences and content inspired by Ideas, Intelligence and Connections to design demand for some of the world biggest and bravest brands.
We are a unique Australian agency collective of proven experts from two global brands.
A rare collaboration between committed lovers of Creative, PR, Experience & Content. A new model for insightful storytelling that builds brands and drives demand.
We love people who care more than they’re asked.
Who relish trust, fairness, and the opportunity to influence the work and the workplace from the ground up. Who thrive on the responsibility of freedom over the rigidity of rules for the chance to be extraordinary.
BASED: Level 7, 822 George Street, Chippendale, NSW 2008