Posted 3 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
Secret Sounds is one of Australia’s largest and most dynamic music groups, spanning many segments of the music industry. With a full-time team of 75+, we produce the country’s pre-eminent music & arts festivals, manage our own venues and represent the interests of over 250 leading domestic and international artists across labels, publishing, touring, public relations, commercial rights/sponsorship, artist management and booking agency businesses.
Our Touring Division are currently searching for a highly motivated, well organised and passionate staff member with outstanding attention to detail, to join the team in Sydney as a Promoter.
Responsible for identifying, developing and securing new and current talent, organising, marketing and managing live music tours and events. Liaising with agents and / or directly with artists / bands and venues toarrange for a tour to take place while facilitating communication between artists, band members, management, venues, media, internal staff and stakeholders.
International and domestic travel required, to develop relations and identify talent.
key responsibilities and duties
- Create and oversee routings, tour budgets and deal memos
- Obtain approvals on announce/presale/on sale timings
- Identify, develop and secure new touring artists to talent roster
- Identify and target opportunities for current talent roster
- Develop long-term touring strategies for talent roster
- Source/rework/obtain various approvals on all tour assets
- Book and oversee publicity plans and budgets (input into strategy)
- Oversee marketing plans and budgets (input into strategy)
- Book and liaise with publicity and promotions teams
- Liaise with labels on plans/ticket buy/marketing
- Monitor and discuss sales trends
- Agency contracts/deposit confirmations
- Book/obtain approvals for support acts
- Liaise with local reps on market strategies
- Stay up to date with local market trends and artists
- Communicate and manage relationship with agents and management teams
- Report to General Manager, Co-CEO on a regular basis
- Forecast P&L’s on a tour by tour basis
- Contribute to conceptualising new event opportunities
skills and experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role within the music or comparable industry. Venue booker, agent, promoter or experienced agent / promoter assistant.
- A keen interest in music is essential, and specifically demonstrated knowledge of the live music industry.
- Self-motived and results driven with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, written and interpersonal skills
- Strong administration and time management skills
To apply, please send a resume to Work@secretsounds.com
*NOTE all applications will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
- Contact Name: Rachel Carmichael
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org