NSW - Byron Bay, Lismore & Far North Coast
Posted 10 May 2022
Closes 9 Jun 2022
who are we?
Secret Sounds is one of Australia’s largest and most dynamic music groups, spanning multiple segments of the music industry. With a full-time team of 60+, we produce the country’s pre-eminent music & arts festivals including Splendour in the Grass and Falls Festivals, manage venues and represent the interests of over 250 leading domestic and international artists across labels, publishing, touring, artist management and booking.
Secret Sounds Connect is a market leading commercial rights, experiential & creative services agency, responsible for developing and executing brand campaigns in music and entertainment. Secret Sounds is part of the Live Nation Entertainment group of businesses.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join Secret Sounds’ high performing Partnerships agency as a Production Manager.
The Production Manager role will work with the executive producer to create brand activations and deliver festival production work including branded festival experiential activations.
Working closely with production, integration and sales teams, you will be responsible for delivering logistics, budget management, supplier relationships, build crew and on ground deliverables to ensure a smooth delivery of project within budget, ensuring overall client satisfaction and quality of service.
You will excel at understanding the needs of the client, suppliers, site managers, activation agencies and have a proven history of managing concurrent work flows.
You are an organized producer who can juggle team and client needs with confidence and agility. You are able to manage multiple projects within a fast-paced, creative and challenging environment. You are a doer as well as a thinker, willing to be hands on and working actively with the wider team. You are dynamic, self-motivated, open-minded and have strong client relationship skills.
key responsibilities and duties
- Manage production quotes and invoicing for clients
- Manage external project suppliers to quote, produce and execute set builds
- Produce sponsor activations with Executive producer
- Co-ordinate travel, accommodation and ground transport for production and integration team
- Work with executive producer to co-design sponsor activations
- Assist with research and acquisition of suppliers for set builds
- Manage clients on ground to deliver high level of customer service
- Produce production schedules for event/ festivals
- Manage site agreement and site orders with sponsors and event
- Produce activation mud maps for set builds
- Produce real estate summary for Festival including mud maps
- Build and reconcile budgets
- Internal administrative duties as delegated by the Executive producer.
- Help manage budgets for pitch responses with internal teams
- Be an integral part of the production solutions for set build and client presentations.
- Contributing to the creative idea generation for all clients
- Supporting the role out of set builds at event, including but not limited to:
- o Managing suppliers
- o Client approvals for inclusions
- o Overseeing activation timelines
- o Ensuring level of detail of safety management, timelines, on ground crew
- o Volunteer wrangling onsite
- This role will involve travelling to locations around Australia and New Zealand to work on music festivals, tours and events.
skills and experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role including music festivals, branded events and product launches.
- Strong computer literacy –proficiency across Outlook, Word, Excel and basic sketchup design.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a manner consistent with the culture and across all levels;
- Outstanding organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise;
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion, sensitive to relationships and situations;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Demonstrated passion for music.
To apply, please send a detailed cover letter and resume to Work@secretsounds.com
- Contact Name: Rachel Carmichael
- Contact Email: email@example.com