Product Development Assistant
Melbourne - Western Suburbs
Posted 13 May 2022
Closes 12 Jun 2022
BENSONS TRADING – Product Development Assistant
Do you want to be part of the team that makes Australia’s most popular showbags?
Hi, we’re Bensons, a showbag and toy company with a simple mission: to make the world fun. Our family run business is proudly built with this ethos, and our products and brands can be found in family homes across Australia and in many cases… the world (Yes! We are kind-of a big deal????).
At Bensons we’ve earned our stripes as one of the most innovative companies in the industry. From product development, to distribution, marketing and sales, you will always see our name up in lights as the makers of clever, creative and FUN toys, showbags and other cool products.
But enough about us – let’s talk about you. We are looking for a creative and enthusiastic individual to join our Showbags Product Development team as a Product Development Assistant. As the pivotal link between the buyer and the supplier, you will be responsible for sending accurate information clearly and concisely to internal and external stakeholders and ensuring production is completed in a timely manner. Your key areas of focus will be with assisting production and shipping schedules, approving samples, and sample coordination for our products. If you are obsessed with pop culture and huge global brands like Pokémon, Bluey, Barbie, Cadbury and want to be apart of the team that makes the worlds most popular showbags, then this could be your new role.
Reporting to the Head of Product Design and Marketing, you will be responsible, however not limited to the following duties & responsibilities.
- Support the design team in the creation of showbags and products for licensed brands and generic products.
- Reviewing print proofs, liaising with suppliers on different stages of approval processes and production of samples.
- Assist with product approvals and production. Including setting timelines, following up overdue samples, responding to suppliers and brand owner queries and being able to communicate the status of a product within the product lifecycle.
- Adhering to tight deadlines and timelines for product approvals and problem solve on the go.
- Managing the orders, artwork files and Bensons Point of Sale requirements, including but not limited to, design, filing, final art, liaising with trade show organises, customers, and suppliers.
- Liaise with suppliers regularly regarding samples, testing, QA approvals, QC inspections, etc.
- Coordinate products for web and catalogue photography.
You may also be required to:
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Product teams in the execution of campaigns and social media content creation,
- Upload product content to various websites and programs,
- Assist in conducting photoshoots, retouching, editing and working with third party photographers when needed
- Assist in filming, editing, and creating video content as required.
- Supporting marketing department with general marketing assistant tasks where required.
- Assisting with preparation for events.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail together with ability to multi-task and prioritise to meet deadlines.
- Proficient capabilities in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Confidence and ability to communicate with many different stake holders from licensing teams globally, to production factories overseas and internal senior management team.
- Basic knowledge of product specifications, and measurement.
- Skills in Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator and Photoshop is highly regarded but not essential.
- Creative skills that will engage our consumers with fun content, EDMS, and website design as well as the ability to work with Licensed guides, style guides.
- Excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and cooperatively as part of a close-knit team
We are committed to personal and professional development, which is supported by an ever growing and expanding structure. We believe our people deserve the best space to their best work and to support this we provide:
- Safe, onsite parking.
- Head office is located 20mins from the Melbourne CBD in Derrimut. (We are right next to Lululemon, Aldi, Bulla and Asahi).
- Staff discounts on all showbags and products.
- Cool open plan office – I mean, we play with toys ALL DAY LONG!
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and resume outlining your skills and experience as they relate to the role. We are a fun company, so surprise us with your creativity.
For more information, about our business please visit, www.showbags.com.au, www.littletikes.com.au, www.bensonstrading.com.au
We can’t wait to welcome you to Bensons Trading.