PR Manager - Mid Level
Posted 17 Jan 2023
Closes 16 Feb 2023
SPEAK Communications is a boutique full-service lifestyle communications agency dedicated to delivering first class campaigns and exceptional results. Due to an exciting new sports client acquisition, SPEAK is looking for an experienced mid-level PR Manager / Publicist to take the lead and support existing clients in the strategy development and execution of PR campaigns and retainers. The role will primarily be focusing on two key sports and performance brands; therefore contacts, knowledge and experience in these areas is highly desireable.
The projects will span the creation of PR plans, talent management and influencer collaborations, copywriting, press office execution, KPI setting and reporting.
This will be a six-month contract term, also suitable for freelancers, with the potential for extension, commencing early 2023.
What you will be doing:
- Media Liaison; Point of contact, relationship management, work collaboratively and confidently with media pitch and develop stories and angles in a cross section of print, broadcast and online media. Proactively seek and identify PR opportunities to go above and beyond coverage of the client-agreed project/campaign KPIs.
- Develop interview briefings, press releases, personalised pitches, talent briefs, event run sheets and Q&A’s etc. Collaborate with the wider team on brainstorms and creative copywriting.
- A strong eye in sourcing and identifying relevant sport and influencer talent that is brand-fit. This includes briefing, negotiations, relationship building, programme management and reporting.
- Project manage integrated campaigns, events and activations; keeping agency stakeholders and clients updated throughout the process.
- Prepare regular status and contact reports for the leadership team and clients.
- Plan and manage events ranging from photo calls, press conferences, community events, training days etc. on behalf of applicable clients.
- Briefing designers, photographers, printers and other suppliers in a knowledgeable and precise manner, negotiating costs etc., and managing quality control and deadlines.
- Track, monitor and measure the effectiveness of a campaign and prepare wrap reports.
- Circulate internally and externally relevant industry information to your clients relating to their overall goals.
- Sports and lifestyle media and influencer knowledge and experience
- Strong media relationships across sport, fitness and general news/ broadcast.
- Excellent writing, communication and social media skills/understanding.
- Minimum of 3+ years PR agency or in-house experience
- Highly organised with a rigorous attention to detail.
- A real “can do”, go-getter attitude.
- Sydney-based preferably with the ability to work from home and independently.
If this sounds like you, SPEAK UP and send your CV and cover letter in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org