PR Account Executive
Posted 10 Jan 2023
Closes 9 Feb 2023
If you love communications, working in a fast-paced, immersive, flexible and pioneering team and love to disrupt, rather than be dull, then this could be for you.
We’re on the hunt for a smart, strategic creative communications all-rounder; someone who loves PR, can write quick witted, newsworthy pitches at the drop of a hat, is obsessed with social media, thrives on smart storytelling and can project manage with the best of them.
Who is Modern Currency?
We specialise in Food & Beverages, FMCG, Hospitality & Venues, Beauty & Wellness, Luxury Travel & Tourism and Corporate Communication – we are passionate about the ability to work across multiple industries. We thrive on ensuring the best team for the right clients, and to never say never. With us, there is never a dull day and we love the thrill of the chase – no matter what that chase is.
A friendly, warm and encouraging environment, our culture is one of inclusiveness, kindness, creativity and focus. Every team member is encouraged to play to his or her own strengths, and you’ll be given the autonomy to foster direct client relationships, dive into various tasks and be a true team player.
- Support our team across projects, plans and activities for clients and looking for opportunities to proactively develop and grow our client’s brands, stories and success.
- Developing media material including media releases, news stories and more;
- Developing new and maintaining existing relationships with journalists.
- Taking client briefs and acting on with your team leads with confidence and professionally with the team.
- Working with and advising your clients in a timely and proficient way.
- Writing, editing, project management, ideas generation, planning, strategising.
- Writing copy for and assisting with community management of, media and social media activities for clients.
- Skills and knowledge in social media planning and content creation, along with use of social media platforms and understanding/use of scheduling tools (not essential but will be seen as advantageous)
- Designing social media content, eDMs and creative materials for clients.
- Assisting with the growth and success of Modern Currency.
- Working alongside a creative and fun team.
- Supporting your team and the directors.
- Contribute to new business and the growth of Modern Currency.
- Between 1 – 2 years of experience within Public Relations, Social Media and/or marketing related role, preferably within an agency environment.
- Excellent writing and grammar; do not apply if you don’t know the difference between their, there and they’re.
- Motivation to get on the phone and talk to people journalists, influencers and other key stakeholders to gain client success.
- Organisational and time management skills that will rapidly permit you to slot into our team.
- A desire for success and motivation to flourish which will in turn help you grow both your client list and team further.
- Aspiration to be a part of a close-knit team that enjoys a lot of fun, flexibility and rewards and also be prepared to work hard but reap the benefits.
Ethos and Environment:
If you don’t have great people, you can’t have a great business. Modern Currency’s ethos is about inclusiveness, support, kindness, flexibility and if you’ve seen our Instagram – a lot of fun, food, cheese, wine, coffee… all well balanced with great health and balance. Our people are the backbone of our business.
A business KPI is the ongoing success of our entire team and making sure they’re happy and well.
- You belong here if you believe work is about hard work but with plenty of balance, happiness and flexibility, fun and innovation – we are looking for someone that wants to engage and love us and our business as much as we will love and engage with you.
- We are focused on progression – a real career path, with growth opportunities and we reward our team that grabs all this and makes it happen.
- We provide paid education training courses, networking opportunities and industry experts to share insights and knowledge.
- Wellness is paramount – the business pays for workout and wellness sessions, you’ll enjoy time off on your birthday, regular social functions and plenty more goodness.
This role will be based out of our Malvern offices, however once proven in the role, we can discuss hybrid arraignments.