PR Account Director
Posted 13 Sep 2022
Closes 13 Oct 2022
TITLE: PR Account Director
REPORTS TO: Director – PR & Communications
Ubiquity Lab Pty Ltd ATF Ubiquity Lab Unit Trust T/AS Ubiquity Lab continues to experience monumental growth. We’re looking for a PR gun to work in unison with our Director of PR & Communications to drive meaningful relationships with clients and become an extension of their team. This role is perfect for a brilliant human that is inherently curious and wants to accelerate their career and expand their broader marketing skills.
A bit about ULab
- We’ve been operating for three years, and we’re growing astronomically. Why? Because we have a very different mentality, value proposition and approach to most agencies.
- We believe the best marketing is ubiquitous… By ubiquitous, we mean it seamlessly integrates data-led owned and earned activity with paid to improve the customer experience and ultimately, increase market share and profitability.
- Combined with our client-centred culture and values, it’s why some of the most recognisable brands, both here and globally, choose to work with us.
- We’ve come a long way in a short time, and there’s plenty more ground to cover. We need someone to help us take that journey.
The role in a nutshell
The PR Account Director is a full-time position.
- This role is perfect for someone who wants to accelerate their PR career with an impressive list of clients across an integrated team.
- You will work directly with the Director of PR, as well as ULab’s founder. Your career will progress in unison with the growth you drive.
- You will be delivering exceptionally smooth management of key client accounts across the PR portfolio and will take ownership of day-to day account management including developing media strategies and integrating with the overall integrated plan.
- You will become clients PR go-to, an indispensable asset and front and centre of client relationships
- You will have the support, freedom and flexibility to make this role your own.
- This role is critical to growing our clients’ businesses and us with them. It’s definitely not a role that is just a cog in a big agency model or within a slow-moving corporate environment. You will be involved in the day-to-day as well as strategic integrated planning.
If you’re the dream candidate, you‘ll tick most of these boxes:
We want to make sure we’re as good a fit for you, and you are for us, so we can thrive together.
You have a strong PR agency background, but you want to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment where you’re truly empowered and valued. You’re a right and left brain thinker – you seamlessly meld meticulous planning with creative problem solving. Additionally, you:
- Have proven PR experience either in an agency or in-house role – minimum three years.
- Have a relevant bachelor or higher qualification e.g. public relations, communications, advertising etc
- Are extremely passionate about media relations, publicity and storytelling.
- Already have good media contacts and a deep understanding of the media landscape, together with a desire to continue to build upon these relationships.
- Are experienced in talent and influencer management.
- Can manage reporting across media and social.
- Are highly adept at writing across several formats e.g. pitches, press releases and social copy.
- Excel in building value-based relationships with clients and media.
- Are a team player but thrive working autonomously in our small, passionate team.
- Will use all the professional development budget allocated to you – and potentially ask for more!
- Will bring fun, prioritisation, and creativity to our daily work and culture.