Personal Assistant to CEO
Posted 9 May 2022
Closes 8 Jun 2022
Who are Merry People?
At Merry People we believe gumboots are one of the most practical types of footwear and our aim is to make them into an everyday footwear item GLOBALLY! Our signature boots come in a range of fun colours while also keeping your feet comfy, supported and warm.
We embrace getting outside, enjoying the messy parts of life and finding little moments that make you merry throughout your day!
We are a fun, hard-working and dynamic team with BIG ambitions! We have been growing 3x year on year for the last four years with our founder, Dani Holloway, recently named in the 2022 Inside Retail Report as one of the Top 50 people in Australian eCommerce.
We expanded into the US market in 2020 and in 2022 we will launch into UK and EU markets. We want someone to join our team who wants to grow with us! At the heart of our future ambitions remain our core values, including:
- AUTHENTICITY: We aim to be transparent in what we communicate and always look for opportunities where we can improve. We always try to do what feels right as a brand and in line with our values.
- KINDNESS: To us, kindness is treating everyone with understanding and respect, from our suppliers to our customers and everyone in between.
- ADVENTURE : We embrace trying new things, stepping outside of our comfort zones and finding different pathways.
- HAPPINESS: To make people feel merry, playful, carefree and positive when they connect with our brand.
What does the role involve?
This is a new and exciting position to support our Founder & CEO Dani Holloway as her personal assistant.
Dani has a lot of competing priorities, she has four direct reports and reports to a board. Your position will be to support her in her organisation, helping with drafting documents and undertaking administrative work to help her meet her business objectives.
- Support CEO’s administrative requirements
- Manage CEO’s Calendar, ensuring it aligns to business priorities
- Manage CEO’s emails – read, prepare drafts, organise into folders
- Attending board meetings with CEO
- Taking minutes on CEO behalf
- Following up on minutes/actions from meetings
- Preparing draft decks for the CEO
- Undertaking research and preparing short lists of information
- Organise events
- Organising team volunteer days
- Assisting with onboarding new staff
- Office management
- Support wider leadership team where required
- Occasional travel
The person we are looking for:
- Enjoys an entrepreneurial working environment – a fast pace where processes and ways of working are evolving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic and self motivated with a positive attitude
- Highly organised and able to organise competing priorities
- Strong presentation skills/attention to detail
- Can maintain confidentiality
- Enjoys a collaborative team environment
- Resourceful when undertaking work on CEO’s behalf (if CEO not around)
- Ability to develop great working relationships
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
What we can offer
- Opportunity to work in a fast growing/international business
- Flexible working
- Fun working environment and team
- Team getaways and various team social events
- FREE gumboots!
Application requirements: Please submit Cover Letter and CV (Must submit cover letter to be considered)
Applications Close: 26th May
Start Date: End of July
Location: Collingwood, Victoria, Australia.
Please send applications through to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Name: Danielle Holloway
- Contact Email: email@example.com