Partnership Account Coordinator – Surfing Australia
NSW - Byron Bay, Lismore & Far North Coast
Posted 7 Mar 2023
Closes 6 Apr 2023
Partnership Account Coordinator – Surfing Australia
- Sport & Recreation
- Full-time role – Casuarina NSW (between Byron Bay, NSW+ the Gold Coast, Qld)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- $60k-$65k + super depending on experience level
Who we are:
Surfing Australia is a National Sporting Organisation (NSO) that was formed in 1963 to establish, guide and promote the development of surfing within Australia. Our purpose is to create a healthier and happier Australia by enriching communities through surfing. Our vision is to continue to be one of Australia’s most loved sports, creating authentic heroes and champions to inspire the next generation to learn a skill for life. With surfing’s Olympics inclusion, there’s never been a better time to be a part of the surfing journey.
About the role:
We are proud to have the support of our commercial sponsors including Woolworths and Hyundai, who align with our core values and make a tangible contribution to the development of the sport. In this role your focus will be implementing their campaigns through our pillars (Events, Participation & Community, Media & Owned Channels and High Performance), onboarding new partners and ensuring seamless delivery of all aspects of their partnerships. Reporting to the Partnerships Account Director and based at Surfing Australia’s High-Performance Centre (and Surfing Aust HQ) in Casuarina, NSW, 20 minutes from the Gold Coast, this role is a fantastic opportunity in the sport of surfing and the world of commercial partnerships.
- Supporting the Partnerships department in delivering outcomes for valued sponsors
- Coordination of digital and social campaigns including deadlines, tracking, delivery and reporting
- Lead partner integration and activations at Surfing Australia events
- Develop client content and campaign briefs and ensure completion of all activity
- Running regular WIPs, note-taking, providing action points and execution of action points
- Liaise with multiple external suppliers to ensure delivery of services at expected quality
- Department administration including data entry, partner onboarding, filing and management
- Implement and maintenance of department systems and processes to ensure we deliver on our objectives and also to provide the business with accurate and timely information to support planning, budgeting, and forecasting activities. Including but not limited to budgets, campaign activity tracking, stocktake and more
- Build strong, sustainable relationships with Surfing Australia partners
- Preparation of detailed and professional reporting including media and audience monitoring updates
- Assist partnership team in identifying new sales opportunities
You are a highly organised, detail-oriented, team player with experience in managing multiple projects and relationships at once. You use initiative to get things done and have a solutions-focused mindset.
We are seeking a vibrant, passionate Partnership Coordinator who is excited to develop their career in sports sponsorship and someone who is keen to use their drive to deliver outcomes for our valued sponsors. This is an exciting role as no two days are the same and allows you to not only support a fantastic team but be a vital part of some of our organisation. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you:
- You are hard working and passionate about your career in sponsorship and about making a difference
- You have strong project management and organisational abilities
- You have strong attention to detail and you take pride in your work
- You are consistently looking to innovate and streamline processes
- You have strong and influential written & verbal communication skills and are comfortable communicating with multiple stakeholders at various levels
- You are able to work in a team environment and independently
- You have a passion for creativity and thinking outside the square
- You have knowledge of the Australian sports sponsorship and media landscape
- You have in interest in sport and/or surfing
- 2+ years experience in a similar role or role with a demonstrated transferrable skillset.
- Digital Marketing experience including social, digital and eDM campaigns
- Experience in creating sponsorship proposals
- Experience in understanding data and creating post campaign reports
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Event experiential experience including brand activations (desirable)
- Experience using Project Management tools eg. ClickUp, Teams (desirable)
- Experience using Media / Social Monitoring Software eg. Streem (desirable)
- Experience using Email Marketing Software eg. Campaign Monitor (desirable)
If you want to join a business full of passionate, energetic, and hardworking people, apply now. In your cover letter, please include an explanation of why your experience is specifically relevant to this role with Surfing Australia and why this is your next career move.
Apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 31st March 2023.