Part-Time Graphic Designer 20-25 Hrs Per Week
Melbourne - Bayside & S.E. Suburbs
Posted 23 Jun 2022
Closes 23 Jul 2022
Shhh Silk is a sleep, wellness and beauty brand focusing on improving people’s lives through the power of sleep and self-care.
We help people wake up feeling refreshed and confident.
We help people fall in love with their sleep routine. We are community champions. We don’t want to be the biggest, but we pride ourselves on being the best.
We empower others, share our knowledge, and actively support our community to raise each other up. One deed at a time. With small acts of generosity and kindness that leave a lasting impact. We choose to operate with heart, from ethics & sustainability, in our supply chain, to our internal and external operations. Doing good is in our DNA.
Reporting to our Sales Director, you will be solely responsible for creating digital and print assets for all brand collateral across all departments whilst following and maintaining brand consistency across all channels. This role includes but is not limited to social media content creation, EDM creation and execution, web banners, blog posts, printed collateral, campaign creative, new product specifications, garment labels, giving updates and other fun and exciting tasks. In addition, you will contribute innovative ideas that inspire and elevate the Shhh Silk brand. The role requires a passionate, kind-spirited designer with an eye for quality and innovation.
- Collaborate with our team on campaigns to develop seasonal design assets, including EDM creation, social content, packaging, lookbooks, presentations, promotional materials, PR, signage etc.
- Design assets across all departments, from concept to final sign-off.
- Website assets.
- Create and edit product photography and lifestyle imagery.
- Shopify and UX design are desirable.
- Image handling and organisation.
- Protect our IP and confidentiality.
- Keep up to date with current design trends relating to beauty.
- Uphold and maintain visual consistency of our brand across all platforms.
- Proactively contribute ideas to the creative process.
You have a positive attitude and understand the importance of branding and the high level of attention to detail required. You will be a fun, positive, creative person with a passion for graphic design, seeking an opportunity to challenge yourself within a business that can provide exposure to all facets of graphic design and offer you autonomy to own the role.
- Final year of study or degree qualified in Graphic Design/Visual Communication or similar.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in the Graphic Design industry.
- Advanced skills with the Adobe suite (in particular, InDesign and Photoshop) and other standard industry applications.
- An understanding of the Shhh Silk brand, aesthetic and brand values.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Willingness to work as a team. When we are busy, from time to time, you will job rotate to assist our warehouse team.
- Ability to self-motivate, this is a solo graphic design role. You will also enjoy working as part of a family feel team.
- Previous experience in the beauty or e-commerce industry is favourable.
- TikTok / Reel skills.
- After Effects skills.
- Previous experience in the beauty/e-commerce industry.
- Experience working with a strong brand presence.
- Illustration and photography skills would be a bonus.
At Shhh Silk we offer flexible work schedules, work-from-home options, generous leave, doing good community leave days and more. We focus more on results versus time spent at the office. Working to support your cycle is also encouraged at Shhh Silk.
Sleep, wellness and beauty are our core business, so we offer wellness perks like massage, mindfulness retreats, yoga and healthy staff snacks.
We also believe your personal goals are as crucial as your professional ones, so we also focus on personal goals as part of your performance management.
- Melbourne-Based HQ
- Purpose Driven Company
- Work-Life Balance
- Fun & Friendly Team
- Meaningful Work
- Rewards & Recognition
- Wellness Perks
- Generous Staff Discounts
APPLY ONLINE NOW
Please apply directly by sending your application and a 60-second video about why you would suit this role via our careers email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information on our brand, please refer to our website https://shhhsilk.com.au/pages/new-about-us
At Shhh Silk, Doing good is in our DNA.
We empower others, share our knowledge, and actively support our community to raise each other up. One deed at a time. With small acts of generosity that leave a lasting impact.
- Contact Name: Olivia Carr
- Contact Email: email@example.com