Posted 25 Jan 2023
Closes 24 Feb 2023
The Post Lounge has a vacancy for an experienced film and television online/ finishing editor to join the team in our Redfern post production studio, in a full time role, 40 hours per week..
You are a highly technical artist, with an excellent eye for visual images and colour, a proven knowledge of the video editing software and hardware platforms that you operate, and a deep understanding of current broadcast and audio-visual technical specifications.
You are looking to take your career to the next level, and with TPL you will be working on some of the highest calibre film and television projects in the country, for some of the best and most demanding clients and studios – which is all part of the fun! From independent documentaries, high-end US drama, festival films and big studio pictures, to corporate and commercial projects, we specialise in the craft of post production and this is your chance to join the team with the security of a permanent role.
- Minimum of three years professional experience in film or long-form television post production as an online/finishing/DI editor
- Experience in finishing broadcast programmes in DaVinci Resolve is essential
- Proven experience in conforming, online editing, and mastering workflows is key
- Knowledge of Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere and/or Autodesk Flame would be beneficial, however further training on these platforms can be provided, on the proviso that you have the fundamental knowledge base of online/finishing already
- Familiarity with After Effects and PhotoShop will be beneficial
- Knowledge of current broadcast and theatrical film standards, quality control specifications such as an understanding of colour spaces, resolutions, frame rates and aspect ratios is required
- Absolute attention to detail is critical
- Impeccable file-naming conventions, record-keeping and communications are required
- Competence in file encoding and transcoding applications
- Basic VFX compositing skills
- Excellent communication skills and technical knowledge, and a proven ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
- A friendly nature, positive outlook and a love for what you do is important
Rate is negotiable, commensurate with experience. This role is based in-studio in Redfern and is not available as a remote position..
The Post Lounge strives to create an inspiring work environment that is rich in diversity and talent. Please send a PDF copy of your current CV and a cover letter, to email@example.com with ONLINE EDITOR – SYDNEY in the email subject line, and let us know your availability to start.
To learn more about TPL’s work, visit us here: www.thepostlounge.com or on Instagram.