NFT Reporter (Web3 Publication)
Pedestrian Group (Winner – Publishing Company of the Year, Mumbrella Publish Awards 2021) is seeking a talented and knowledgeable NFT Reporter to join the launch team for Australia’s first Web3-focused publication.
Reporting to the Managing Editor and working closely with the Head of Editorial, the NFT Reporter will keep our community up to date on the most important stories and perspectives on NFTs as an emerging digital asset class at the intersection of art, music, gaming, style and more.
The NFT reporter will be expected to produce unbiased news, in-depth analysis, insightful opinion pieces and long-form investigations on the future of NFTs and their impact on multiple industries. The successful candidate will also be able to analyse and assess on-chain and markets data to identify trends that can be reported on quickly.
The NFT Reporter will be required to:
- Write multiple editorial posts per day
- Pitch, research, and produce varied forms of content, including long-form journalistic investigations and short-form guides
- Analyse and assess on-chain and traditional markets data to identify trends on which we can provide thoughtful commentary
- Stay up to date with a fast-moving space, and be fully immersed in the world of NFTs
- Conduct in-depth interviews with founders, creatives, and key thought leaders
- Engage with our community across multiple social touchpoints, including Discord, Twitter, LinkedIn and more
- Follow best practices for SEO and social optimisation
The position calls for someone with:
- Deep knowledge of, and experience within, blockchain technology, with a strong emphasis on NFTs and how they relate to gaming, fashion, art, collecting and more
- A broader understanding of, and interest in, the Web3 space
- The ability to sort fact from fiction, calling on both primary and secondary sources
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrable writing experience within business markets
- Enthusiasm for experimenting with new ways of storytelling (while the role is primarily text-based, experience doing on-camera work is a bonus)
- A keen understanding of journalistic ethics
This is a full-time role based in Australia, and can be fully remote (though Pedestrian Group does have offices in both Sydney and Melbourne).
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter detailing why you are the right fit for this role.
We can’t wait to meet you.
*About Pedestrian Group*
Pedestrian Group is Australia’s leading youth-centred publisher, reaching a unique audience of more than 4.16 million Aussies per month, and more 18 to 39-year-olds than any other publisher. It’s home to PEDESTRIAN.TV, VICE Australia, Refinery29 Australia, Lifehacker Australia, Gizmodo Australia, and Kotaku Australia, as well as Open Air Cinemas. It is wholly owned by Nine Entertainment Co., Australia’s largest and most diverse media company.