Native Content Writer (Tech & Gaming)
Posted 16 Jun 2022
Closes 16 Jul 2022
Pedestrian Group (Winner – Publishing Company of the Year, Mumbrella Publish Awards 2021) is on the hunt for a tech-focused creative writer to join our growing native team. This position will be responsible for brainstorming, producing and optimising written branded content across our seven award-winning websites: PEDESTRIAN.TV, VICE Australia, Refinery29 Australia, Business Insider Australia, Lifehacker Australia, Gizmodo Australia, and Kotaku Australia.
Reporting directly to the Head of Editorial – Native and E-Commerce, our dream candidate is a skilled writer interested in tech, gaming and culture, is creative, organised, and able to balance client objectives with our publications’ integrity and varied tones of voice.
At Pedestrian Group, we work with a broad scope of tech brands including Amazon, Telstra, Samsung, Microsoft, Bethesda, and more. Each day, you’ll be covering a completely different passion point for a completely different client, publication and audience.
From drooling over food in your favourite video game to why an 8K TV is worth the spend, no editorial angle is off the table, and out-of-the-box ideas are not only welcomed but championed.
As a gatekeeper of editorial integrity across our publications, it’s important that you’re able to whip out clever solutions for our clients and publications alike, and work collaboratively with our Creative Projects, Partnerships and Editorial teams on a daily basis.
The Native Content Writer will be required to:
- Produce native content – including everything from news announcements to social posts and longer-form, technology, gaming and culture content – across any and all Pedestrian Group sites
- Brainstorm editorial angles with our Partnerships team in response to client briefs on a daily basis
- Work collaboratively with our Creative Projects team to deliver best-in-class native content while meeting client needs
- Work collaboratively with our site editors to ensure all native content is reflective of the overall editorial strategy and its different audiences, as well as minimise content conflicts between organic and native content
- Track the progress of native articles through calendar and tracker spreadsheets
- Manage multiple campaigns concurrently
This position calls for someone with:
- At least 2 years editorial experience, freelancing or otherwise
- An interest in tech and gaming
- An appreciation for the importance of quality native content as a service to the reader
- The ability to change your writing tone to suit different audiences
- Time management skills and experience working to tight deadlines
- Strong writing skills
- An understanding of G-Suite tools
- Knowledge of best SEO practices, Yoast and varying CMS platforms such as WordPress
- The ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience at a like-minded publication preferred, but not mandatory
If you’re keen to join us, send us the following:
- A cover letter outlining why you’d be the perfect fit for this role.
- Your CV (feel free to get creative)
We can’t wait to meet you!
*About Pedestrian Group*
Pedestrian Group is Australia’s leading youth-centred publisher, reaching a unique audience of more than 7.3 million Aussies per month, and more 18 to 39-year-olds than any other publisher. It’s home to PEDESTRIAN.TV, VICE Australia, Business Insider Australia, Lifehacker Australia, Gizmodo Australia, Kotaku Australia and Refinery29 Australia, as well as the Open Air Cinema. It’s wholly owned by Nine, Australia’s largest and most diverse media company.