Multimedia Producer - VICE New Zealand
Pedestrian Group, Australia’s largest youth-focused publisher, is searching for a Multimedia Producer to join the VICE NZ team, working on a 12-month contract as part of our partnership with the NZ Ministry of Social Development.
Reporting to the Head of Editorial and the Head of Native Content, the Multimedia Producer will be responsible for expertly creating vertical video content and distributing it across our channels, with a focus on the topics of relationships, sex, and love.
You’ll be part of a two-person team, based in New Zealand, and will:
- Produce, shoot, and edit short-form vertical videos
- Work closely with Head of Editorial and Head of Native Content to drive audience
- Work closely with editors to maximise the impact of video output
- Accompany staff to shoots and interviews where necessary
- Create content focusing on relationships, sex, and love.
- Identify opportunities where a story may, in fact, work better a a social-first execution – for example, an Instagram carousel or Snapchat video series – and bringing it to life in hyper-engaging ways
- Appear on camera as required
The position calls for someone with:
- A Bachelor’s degree in media, communications, journalism, or design (preferred, but not mandatory)
- 2-3 years experience in social media management working across platforms (such as Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, preferably in in a newsroom environment)
- Excellent writing skills and a passion for ethical, alternative media
- A design eye and skill creating assets in Canva, Photoshop and/or Illustrator
- A deep appreciation for the VICE brand and the role it plays in culture
To apply, please send us the following:
- Your CV
- A cover letter in your best understanding of the VICE tone of voice
- A portfolio of relevant past work examples
We can’t wait to meet you!
*About VICE Media Group*
VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices across 25 countries across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency. VICE Media Group’s portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; and i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture and design.
*About Pedestrian Group*
Pedestrian Group is Australia’s leading youth-centred publisher, reaching a unique audience of more than 4.16 million Aussies per month, and more 18 to 39-year-olds than any other publisher. It’s home to PEDESTRIAN.TV, VICE Australia, Refinery29 Australia, Lifehacker Australia, Gizmodo Australia, and Kotaku Australia, as well as Open Air Cinemas. It’s wholly owned by Nine Entertainment Co., Australia’s largest and most diverse media company.