Media Sales Director
Posted 3 May 2022
Closes 2 Jun 2022
Who Are Scout:
We are the home of some of Australia’s most trusted, recognised and popular publications including Australian Geographic, Junkee, Punkee and AWOL. We bring Australians wonderful stories that connect, inspire, inform and entertain. Whether it’s a film about climate change, a deep dive on Ukraine, a fun guide to fashion or an explainer on Indigenous Voice to Parliament, everything we create is premium, respected and amplified. We challenge normal. There is always a better way. And we always try our very best to find it. We hope you join the adventure.
Do what you love, with Scout. We’re looking for a Sales Director, who’s passionate about digital publishing and Australian culture. We don’t just sell ad solutions to our clients and partners, we help them to develop creative solutions to tell and share their stories with our highly valuable audience.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide continuous leadership to our dynamic and hardworking sales team.
- Define the sales strategy and drive quality execution for agencies and brands.
- Have a solid understanding of the media landscape with a deep focus on Scout’s business, mastheads, brands and products.
- Develop and foster senior relationships within media agencies and with clients directly.
- Attain sales budgets and provide accurate revenue forecasting – work with the team to plan strategies and solutions to meet quarterly targets.
- Work with the team to drive new business opportunities with agencies and advertisers.
- Be a contributing member of the Senior Leadership Team – identify strategic opportunities, propose solutions, work through opportunities and challenges with a lens towards business, operations, and new product development.
- Maintain high levels of communication and transparency with Scout Department Leads.
- Lead by example by being brilliant at the basics. Ensure the team accurately manages the pipeline, revenue forecasts and sales activity using CRM for maximum efficiency and visibility.
- Identify development opportunities for the team, ensuring high employee retention.
- Advocate for teamwork, collaboration and open communication within the team.
Minimum five years experience as a Group Sales Manager or the like.
- Contact Name: Skye Williams
- Contact Email: email@example.com