Posted 19 Jul 2022
Closes 18 Aug 2022
Surf Life Saving Australia (SLSA) exists to save lives, create great Australians and build better communities. As one of Australia’s most respected community organisations and a world leader in lifesaving, coastal public safety, rescue and education services, SLSA provides many ways to get involved as a volunteer or employee.
With over 180,000 members and 315 affiliated Surf Life Saving Clubs, we represent the largest volunteer movement of its kind in Australia, and the world.
You will assist with the development and delivery of a range of internal and external communications (written, video and digital) including sporting events, coastal safety, fundraising and sponsorship campaigns.
This role can be based in either Sydney or Brisbane.
This position will report to the Public Affairs Manager, the key responsibilities will include:
- Identify media opportunities across all internal departments
- Develop appropriate, relevant and timely media content and releases
- Develop all necessary media material for all SLSA events and activities
- Regularly liaise with external PR contractors to understand, develop and support all media and PR opportunities
- Proactively manage and engage with media on a regular basis, in conjunction with external PR contractors
- Maintain up to date media database
- Develop monthly and event, media and PR plans
- Co-ordinate and manage media for all SLSA Events
- Co-ordinate and manage athletes, lifesavers, officials and other media talent as required
- Manage Media Monitoring Service and distribute appropriate content regularly to all relevant stakeholders, including Daily Media Summary
- Develop media reports as required
- Co-ordinate photography requirements including photographers and briefs for SLSA events as activities
- Manage and ensure SLSA photographs are utilised and filed appropriately
- Regularly liaise with States to understand, support and enhance state media opportunities as well as share SLSA content and information
- Develop written speaking notes as required for SLSA Staff and Officials
Internal Content & Communications
- Develop appropriate written, photographic, video and digital content across all areas of the business for media, website, social and other channels as required
- Assist with the coordination and development of SLSA Publications
- Provide relevant content to the Club’s internal content schedule as required
- Assist with the financial and budget management of relevant media and communications requirements
- Positively contribute to the overall Communications Team and business requirements
- Develop and maintain positive media relationships
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with the States
- Ensure verbal and written communication with stakeholders, both internal and external is appropriate and timely
Desired Skills and Experience
Ideally you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent relevant experience in the field of communications, Communications, digital, media
- Prior media management experience
- Content development experience across a range of platforms including written, video and digital
- Experience with WordPress
- Strong written communication skills
- Professional and articulate communicator, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail, quality and process
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work outside of traditional office hours as required
- Confident and calm under pressure
- Ability to show initiative, prioritise competing work demands and meet deadlines
If you can demonstrate your capabilities and attributes in the above areas and have the motivation, desire and skill set to be challenged in this role and further your career with one of Australia’s most iconic brands, please Apply Now!
This is a full-time position, working 38 hours per week – location could be Sydney or Brisbane.
Please note: only applicants with the eligibility to work in Australia will be considered.
SLSA is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to safeguarding children and young people. All candidates will be required to undertake a working with children check.
- Contact Name: Sam Macdonnell
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org