Posted 21 Nov 2022
Closes 21 Dec 2022
The Organisation & The Role
We’re a tech startup that’s reinventing the way property is transacted in Australia. We have a bucketload of passion for the work we do which means we hit well above our weight as one of Australia’s fastest-growing companies. We’re looking for hard-working individuals who will bring their passion and rigour to the Doorsteps Group team to be a part of its growth and success.
We’re on the hunt for a Sydney-based intern to join our team. Ideally you will be in your last year of study and able to work part-time, with a view to going full-time once you graduate.
This role gives you the opportunity to contribute to and learn from our marketing team. You’ll work across a number of projects and initiatives, from understanding what goes into an SEO strategy and managing freelance writers, to updating landing pages and social media ideation.
Your primary duties will include:
- SEO keyword research for blog content and new landing pages
- Building and assigning article briefs to a pool of freelance writers
- Content publishing and updates via our content management system (CMS) while applying SEO on-page best practices
- Technical SEO support
- Content production and copywriting for SEO purposes and key email landing pages
- Analysing data from a broad range of platforms for reporting or to draw actionable insights
- Assisting with social media ideation, briefing, scheduling and moderation
- Helping the broader marketing team with any projects as required for e.g. documentation or planning out content for new downloadable assets.
Skills and Experience
- Have a passion for marketing, SEO and content
- In your final year of a marketing, PR, communications, journalism or equivalent degree
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A resilient self-starter who is willing to learn
- Analytical mindset
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback
- An ability and desire to work within a team environment and contribute to team goals
Benefits and Culture
- Flexibility – we are a remote-first company with team members spread across Australia
- Compensation – we offer competitive salaries that are in line with the market.
- Autonomy – we’re not into micro-managing. We are all professionals and we trust that you will always strive to do your best work.
- Birthday leave – enjoy an extra day of paid leave to celebrate your birthday!
- A financial contribution to your home office set up with an annual top up.
- Paid Parental Leave
- Access to a Personal & Professional Development subsidy.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Who are we?
We started our journey as OpenAgent back in 2013 with the goal to improve transparency around real estate and to make it easier to find a trusted real estate agent. But, we realised the system is broken for more than just sellers, so we’ve recently widened our focus and changed our name. We’re Doorsteps, and we’re on a mission to help Australians achieve their real estate dreams and bring back the joy of homeownership.
Besides being a friendly, inclusive and flexible workplace, we’re also led by an incredibly capable and humble executive team. We’re all about bringing on really high quality people and giving them all the room in the world to do great work and grow.
We have a bucketload of passion for the work we do which means we do more with less and hit well above our weight. You’ll be joining a team made up of people at the top of their game, who work collaboratively to achieve some big goals.
We help thousands of people every month improve their experiences in real estate. We bring more information, better insight and an independent voice to the property transaction, helping people sell smarter, better and faster every day.
As the people’s champion in real estate we bring passion and analytic rigour to the biggest problems in the industry. We make a lot of things happen, we make them happen fast and as a team.
We work hard but we have fun doing it. At the end of the day, achieving big things with an awesome team is what makes this journey exciting and addictive.
We work remotely, so if you’re anywhere in Australia and feel you’ve got what we’re looking for, we encourage you to apply.
- Contact Name: Ellen Orton
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org