Sydney - CBD/Metro/Inner East & West
Posted 18 Jan 2023
Closes 17 Feb 2023
Position Title: Marketing Coordinator
Reporting to: Campaign Manager
Contract Dates: 21 March 2023 – 23 June 2023
Hours of Work: 5 days per week, Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm with an understanding that Festival work will require some out of hours work which is considered for in the renumeration.
This role is based in The Rocks, Sydney.
Remuneration: $57,000.00pa (pro rata) +10.5% Superannuation contribution
The Sydney Film Festival (SFF) is one of the longest running events of its kind in the world.
The annual June Festival brings the best new films from Australia and around the world to audiences in Sydney. As well as 250+ features, shorts, retros, and documentaries from over 50 countries across 350+ sessions at around eight Sydney-wide venues across 12 days. The Festival is celebrating its 70th Festival in 2023 between 7 – 18 June.
The Festival hosts several awards to recognise excellence in filmmaking, including the Official Competition, Documentary Australia Foundation Award for Australian Documentary, and Dendy Awards for Australian Short Films (which are Academy Award eligible) incorporating fiction, animation, and screenplay categories.
SFF also presents the Travelling Film Festival, taking mini festivals to 19 venues across regional NSW, the Northern Territory and regional Queensland. SFF receives funding from federal, state, and local government, corporate sponsorship, and philanthropic donations.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The Marketing Team is responsible for the successful promotion of all aspects of the Festival, including films, program strands and non-film events. It carries the primary responsibility for achieving sales and attendance targets and runs all advertising, publicity, promotional and ticketing activity for SFF, the TFF and related corporate areas including Development and Philanthropy.
The Marketing Coordinator supports the Marketing Team to promote and profile the Festival to increase audiences. They undertake a wide variety of tasks simultaneously and to deliver high quality work within short timeframes. The successful candidate must be highly flexible and adaptable as tasks will range from proof reading, to data entry, to liaising with marketing professionals, media, production partners and venues.
Working closely with the Digital Marketing Manager and Campaign Manager, the role coordinates Festival marketing relationships, including paid media partnerships, third-party reciprocal ‘cross promo’ partners, distributor and venues (ie, State Theatre, Dendy, Hoyts, Event, Ritz, Orpheum).
They also assist the Head Of Marketing and other team members as required coordinating marketing content, scheduling, and assisting maintenance of internal relationships, managing requests for marketing support and providing timely responses to all departments.
The key tasks and responsibilities of the Marketing Coordinator are:
• Manage all of the cross promotion, third-party and partner promotion for the Festival, e.g. social media swaps and inclusion within eNews
• Maximising contractual media partnership benefits, ensuring mutual deliverables are detailed in The Matrix and the campaign calendar
• Liaise with venues to ensure there is prominence of SFF across their materials
• Liaise with distributors of confirmed films to discuss promotional opportunities, the promotion of films through their social media channels and any other cross-promotional opportunities
• Day-to-day management of Marketing contacts in Festival database – Eventival – ensuring accuracy of up-to-date data
• Create and oversee the marketing campaigns for each venue partner
• Research groups and organisations for avenues to promote SFF to niche audiences
• Manage the distribution of the program guides (SMH, drawcard)
• Write engaging copy for third parties and cross promotion
• Book and manage all Radio and TV slots and explore CSA obligations of broadcasters
• Manage multiple Marketing Interns who will assist with the cross promotion & niche marketing campaigns, as well as website maintenance
• Other duties as agreed with the Campaign Manager
In addition, the Marketing Coordinator may perform other duties as assigned and required by SFF.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
• Relevant Marketing qualifications and marketing experience, preferably within the arts, cinema or entertainment industry
• Target driven and resilient, with a strong desire to set goals and meet them
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Proven ability to work in a high-pressure environment, with competing priorities, stakeholders and deadlines
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Strong customer and relationship management skills
• Experience working collaboratively as part of a team in a busy environment
• Strong computer skills including experience using Microsoft Office products (eg Excel, Word); working with databases
• A flexible attitude to working hours, especially during the Festival period
• An interest in film and the film industry.
• Previous experience working in events in the arts or a cultural organisation.
• Experience using WordPress and Mailchimp.
• Experience in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, etc).
• A good working knowledge of Sydney, with reference to arts organisations and online audiences.
• Team Focus: Is committed and skilled at working with and assisting others to achieve positive outcomes
• Flexible: Demonstrates a willingness to take on new challenges roles and responsibilities and adapt positively to changing working conditions and priorities
• Self Starting: Highly motivated to achieve, shows initiative and acts proactively to deliver excellent results without directive supervision
• Interpersonal: Skilled at building rapport, understanding others needs and developing effective working relationships
Please send your CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria and your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 9am, Wednesday 1 Feb, 2023
Interviews to commence shortly after application closing date
SFF is an inclusive workplace and encourages applicants of all abilities and backgrounds.
- Contact Name: Joshua Forward
- Contact Email: email@example.com