Posted 16 Jan 2023
Closes 15 Feb 2023
Job Status: Ongoing, Full Time
Salary: Base salary of $56,769 per annum, plus 10.5% superannuation contributions
Position No: SOH2092
Applications Close: Monday 30 January 2023. 11:59pm
Role Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical Enquiries: Jobs NSW Helpdesk on 1800 562 679
An organisation where diversity of thought & experience is valued, supported & respected.
At the Sydney Opera House you will be surrounded by supportive and hardworking teams who are filled with passion and creativity. You will be inspired to create value in everything you do and will be provided with opportunities to grow and achieve while making a positive contribution to our community. Our vision for diversity, inclusion and belonging (DI&B) is that the Sydney Opera House – who we are and everything we do – reflects and respects the diversity of the community. Our 2021-23 DI&B Strategy sets out the change we are driving in the lead up to our 50th anniversary in 2023. These commitments work hand in hand with the commitments in our longstanding Reconciliation, Accessibility and Environmental Action Plans.
We welcome and encourage applications from First Nations people, recognising the value, unique skills and knowledge that First Nations employees bring to the workplace. We encourage applications from people of all genders, as well as people from one or more of these underrepresented groups/communities, including but not limited to d/Deaf and Disabled people/people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people who identify as LGBTQI+.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and that you might require some adjustments to ensure you have the best opportunity to apply and put your skills forward for consideration. If we can make some adjustments to the SOH recruitment/interview process to better enable you to shine, then please email us at email@example.com or call us on 02 9250 7743 and let us know. Adjustments may include but are not limited to; alternate application methods, interview setup, physical requirements, guidance for trans or gender diverse applicants, interpreters or other access supports or specific interview availability times and more.
For more information about the Sydney Opera House please refer to our website.
YOUR NEW ROLE
The Marketing Coordinator assists the Marketing Manager in the delivery of innovative and effective marketing campaigns for programming, experiences and brand at the Sydney Opera House. The marketing campaigns focus on the delivery of ticket and revenue targets, audience targets, engagement targets, and building brand equity for the Sydney Opera House.
This position will ensure effective and efficient support through the provision of administrational work, campaign coordination and delivery across paid, owned and earned channels, content creation, creative development and design rollout, project management and planning.
The position reports directly to the Marketing Manager and works closely with the internal programming team of Sydney Opera House Presents, external programmers in artistic Resident Companies and Commercial Hirers from time to time, and the wider Marketing team including Campaigns, Digital, Creative Studio, Insights and Optimisation, Partnerships and the Communications team.
Further detailed information about the role and its requirements can be obtained from the role description.
ARE YOU THE ONE?
We are looking for someone with:
- Marketing, Arts Management, Communication, or Commerce Tertiary qualifications
- A minimum 2+ years professional experience or major internship experience, preferably in the entertainment / performing arts industries
- A broad passion for marketing and the performing arts
- Strong communication (written and oral), copywriting, relationship management and negotiation skills
- Collaborative team player
- Strong organisational, attention to detail and project management skills
- High degree of customer focus
- An ability to work autonomously, and as a member of a team to deliver competing priorities
- A positive outlook and willingness to learn
- Excellent skills across digital tools and platforms including Microsoft Office software, social media platforms, website CMS platforms, email platforms and ideally project or online task management platforms
BENEFITS & CULTURE
Being Australia’s premier cultural institution, tourism destination & a celebrated community meeting place, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and dynamic working environment for all our staff. With values of Safety, Creativity, Excellence, Collaboration & Accountability your professional life is provided with every opportunity to succeed and develop in your chosen profession. Working with the Sydney Opera House gives you access to a great range of benefits including:
- Flexible working arrangements
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Access to a range of internal and external professional development programs and staff engagement initiatives
- Staff community groups like SOH Pride, First Nations Staff Network, Sustainable Environmental Action Leaders (aka ‘SEALs’) and more.
- Fitness Passport & complimentary wellbeing programs including pilates, yoga, circuit classes, physiotherapy sessions as well as other wellbeing initiatives
- Working for an organisation with a 5 Star Green Star Performance Rating from the Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA)
- Working for an organisation who has committed to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- And many more!
SOUND LIKE YOU? APPLY!
Applicants are asked to include the following documents with their applications
- Up to date resume of no more than five pages
- Address their suitability in a cover letter of no more than one page
In addition, applicants will be prompted to answer the following two targeted questions in the online application platform.
- In this role you will support the Marketing Campaigns team by coordinating campaign activity across owned and paid channels, particularly at implementation stage. Please provide an example of how your skills and experience would be relevant for this role.
- This role assists on delivering multiple campaigns simultaneously on strict, often short-lead timelines. What practices, methods and tools have you previously used to ensure you are effective in this type of environment?.
Applicants are required to create a profile and submit their application electronically for this position at https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/. Only applicants who apply online and include the requested documentation will be considered for this position, unless otherwise discussed.
To be eligible to apply for this position, applicants must have existing Australian work rights. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and Pre-Employment Health Assessment . The assessment seeks information only relevant to performing the inherent requirements of the job, it remains strictly confidential and applicants will be informed of the result.
This recruitment may be used to create a Talent Pool for similar future roles (ongoing or temporary) that may arise over the next 18 months.
Applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.
- Contact Name: Amalia Mudahar
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org