Marketing Associate, Performing Arts
Posted 3 Nov 2022
Closes 3 Dec 2022
Job Status: Full-Time, On-going. Hybrid working arrangements available. Mid-January 2023 start date.
Salary: Base salary of $70,442 per annum, plus 10.5% superannuation contributions
Position No: SOH2024
Applications Close: Wednesday 9th November 2022, 11:59pm
Role Enquiries: email@example.com
Technical Enquiries: Jobs NSW Helpdesk on 1800 562 679
An organisation where diversity of thought & experience is valued, supported & respected.
At the Sydney Opera House you will be surrounded by supportive and hardworking teams who are filled with passion and creativity. You will be inspired to create value in everything you do and will be provided with opportunities to grow and achieve while making a positive contribution to our community. Our vision for diversity, inclusion and belonging (DI&B) is that the Sydney Opera House – who we are and everything we do – reflects and respects the diversity of the community. Our 2021-23 DI&B Strategy sets out the change we are driving in the lead up to our 50th anniversary in 2023. These commitments work hand in hand with the commitments in our longstanding Reconciliation, Accessibility and Environmental Action Plans.
We welcome and encourage applications from First Nations people, recognising the value, unique skills and knowledge that First Nations employees bring to the workplace. We encourage applications from people of all genders, as well as people from one or more of these underrepresented groups/communities, including but not limited to d/Deaf and Disabled people/people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people who identify as LGBTQI+.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and that you might require some adjustments to ensure you have the best opportunity to apply and put your skills forward for consideration. If we can make some adjustments to the SOH recruitment/interview process to better enable you to shine, then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 02 9250 7743 and let us know. Adjustments may include but are not limited to; alternate application methods, interview setup, physical requirements, guidance for trans or gender diverse applicants, interpreters or other access supports or specific interview availability times and more.
For more information about the Sydney Opera House please refer to our website – https://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/
YOUR NEW ROLE
The Marketing Associate, Performing Arts sits within the Campaign Marketing team and reports to the Marketing Manager, Performing Arts. The Campaign Marketing team is focussed on the delivery of ticket, revenue and audience and digital engagement targets for Sydney Opera House Presents (SOHP), Resident Companies and Commercial Hirers, and building brand equity for Sydney Opera House.
The Marketing Associate plays a pivotal role in the development and delivery of innovative campaigns to support the Sydney Opera House Presents (SOHP) programming areas of Contemporary Performance (cabaret, circus, contemporary dance, musical theatre, comedy), First Nations and Artist & Sector Development.
This position supports the development and management of marketing campaigns that will achieve significant ticket, revenue and engagement targets, resonating with target audiences across Sydney, NSW, Australia and the world. This may include holistically developing and executing small to medium campaigns, supporting the successful delivery of major campaign efforts, leading key relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and managing SOH owned channels.
Further detailed information about the role and its requirements can be obtained from the role description – https://files.jobs.nsw.gov.au/tjo9pn
ARE YOU THE ONE?
We are looking for someone with:
- Marketing, Arts Management, Communication, or Commerce Tertiary qualifications.
- A minimum 3 – 4 years professional experience, preferably in the entertainment / performing arts industries.
- A broad passion for marketing and the performing arts.
- Excellent communication, relationship management, negotiation, problem solving and presentation skills.
- Strong project management skills, specifically experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven experience and success in working across developing and implementing marketing campaigns with a high degree of customer focus and delivery on commercial targets.
- Strong skills across digital tools and platforms including Microsoft Office software, website CMS platforms, email platforms and ideally project or online task management platforms.
BENEFITS & CULTURE
Being Australia’s premier cultural institution, tourism destination & a celebrated community meeting place, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and dynamic working environment for all our staff. With values of Safety, Creativity, Excellence, Collaboration & Accountability your professional life is provided with every opportunity to succeed and develop in your chosen profession.
Working with the Sydney Opera House gives you access to a great range of benefits including:
- Flexible working arrangements
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Access to a range of internal and external professional development programs and staff engagement initiatives
- Staff community groups like SOH Pride, First Nations Staff Network, Sustainable Environmental Action Leaders (aka ‘SEALs’) and more
- Fitness Passport & complimentary wellbeing programs including Pilates, yoga, circuit classes, physiotherapy sessions as well as other wellbeing initiatives
- Working for an organisation with a 5 Star Green Star Performance Rating from the Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA)
- Working for an organisation who has committed to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- And many more!
SOUND LIKE YOU? APPLY!
Applicants are asked to include the following documents with their applications:
- An up-to-date resume (of no more than five pages).
- A detailed cover letter, addressing suitability for the role (of no more than one page).
In addition, applicants will be prompted to answer the following two targeted questions in the online application platform:
- This role is instrumental in the development and implementation of end-to-end marketing campaigns, with a high degree of customer focus. Describe a marketing campaign that you have developed and delivered, what made it successful and what were the key learnings?
- Sydney Opera House is a large organisation, and the work you do will often span over different business areas. Describe a situation where you ran a project with multiple stakeholders. How did you work with them, and manage their expectations? What were the outcomes?
Applicants are required to create a profile and submit their application electronically for this position at https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/. Only applicants who apply online and include the requested documentation will be considered for this position, unless otherwise discussed.
The successful candidate will be required to comply with the Sydney Opera House Trust COVID-19 policies relating to safety and vaccination. Our current policy requires all employees to be double vaccinated.
To be eligible to apply for this position, applicants must have existing Australian work rights. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and Pre-Employment Health Assessment. The assessment seeks information only relevant to performing the inherent requirements of the job, it remains strictly confidential and applicants will be informed of the result.
Applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.
- Contact Name: Hayley Paris
- Contact Email: email@example.com