Marketing and PR Manager
Sydney - CBD/Metro/Inner East & West
Posted 14 Nov 2022
Closes 14 Dec 2022
Fuzzy are looking for somebody amazing to lead the Marketing, PR & Ticketing team! Alongside the Creative Director, you will assist in the overall creation and implementation of the Marketing, Advertising, PR and Ticketing strategy for all of Fuzzy’s events and sideshows. The team you’ll be leading consists of a Marketing Assistant, a Designer, a Content Creator and a Customer Engagement Coordinator.
This opportunity is a fulltime, 11–12 month parental leave contract (pending start date), with potential opportunity to extend to a fulltime position. The role is based in Surry Hills, but flexible arrangements/working from home options are on offer. Appreciation and understanding of live music and current music culture is a must.
The day to day:
- Setting announcement and PR plans and ensuring details are communicated to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Planning, implementing, and monitoring digital marketing campaigns across all networks.
- Liaising with ticketing company to build and manage ticketing pages according to budgets and timelines.
- Coordinating and administering all sponsor-related marketing.
- Overseeing customer support communications and coordinating event related communications with customers.
- Oversee updates and manage development of Fuzzy and event websites.
- Oversee content and delivery of all EDMS.
- Receiving and managing responses to media enquiries and developing and maintaining media partnerships/key media and advertising contacts.
- Compile all event information and brief designersand content creators on deadlines and requirements.
- Develop customer competitions and competition schedules.
- Budgeting updates and overseeing liaising with accounts and office administration, including engaging suppliers, PO, invoicing and credit card reconciliation.
- Oversee all press release development and delivery, including pre-event media kit distribution, post-event wrap ups, event media plans for Directors, Event Managers, Area Managers, event staff, crisis management team and security.
On event days:
- Overseeing the ticketing, media accreditation and guestlist collection operations.
- On site point of call for media enquiries, plus monitoring/managing news crews and media.
- Brief and oversee photographers and videographers (official media team).
- On the go problem solving, with the ability to factor in requirements of multiple departments.
- Create and implement media overviews and brief the marketing teams on show day operations.
- Ensure all competitions are executed correctly.
- Overseeing any artist, stakeholder or staff interviews.
- Managing artist related media restrictions and requirements and development and distribution of post-event wrap ups and press debriefs.
The ideal candidate will have approximately 2+ years in a true Marketing Manager role, preferably within the arts, music or entertainment industry, which has included managing staff and overseeing other divisions. Fuzzy need somebody creative, with strong leadership skills and a proven track record in developing and administering effective marketing programs. Experience working events would be a welcomed bonus and huge advantage.
More about Fuzzy
Fuzzy is responsible for some of Australia’s most beloved outdoor music events, including Listen Out, Field Day and Harbourlife. Fuzzy is not only a successful events company, but also tours DJs and live acts from across the globe for club shows and other festivals in Australia and New Zealand.
Fuzzy has come a long way since their early small events and continues to push the boundaries with new music genres. The plan for the future is more great parties… good times done properly: It’s what Fuzzy is all about.
The Surry Hills office houses their small, family friendly, diverse team where staff collaborate across various departments to gain a wholistic experience within the events industry where invaluable skills are developed.
If this sounds like you, please apply. Tell us a little bit about yourself too, along with your qualifications, skills and past experiences. Fuzzy is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.