Makeup and Hairstylists wanted for Glitter Gang at Glitoris
Posted 17 Nov 2023
Closes 17 Dec 2023
Welcome to your dream job.
No seriously, We are not gonna lie, this is likely to be your dream makeup/hair job. Get paid, for creative, bold, fun makeup and hairstyling. Apply biodegradable glitter, and diamontes to the masses. Braid and style up a storm. Make the world sparkle. #GLIT-ERALLY
Calling all qualified hairstylists and makeup artists.
As a national business, we have a couple of positions available in Melbourne, Sydney and Perth. We are immediately recruiting skilled hairstylists and/or qualified makeup artists for the busy end-of-yea/festival season in 2023/2024. We have paid positions at New Year’s Eve events (Lost Paradise and Beyond the Valley.) To a lesser extent, we are also on the hunt for artists more generally across all major cities.
So a bit about us?
We exist to make the world more colourful + creative + fun + inclusive. But also less boring and sh*t. We do this through bright conscious cosmetics and a talented gang of artists from all corners of Australia.
Who we work with?
Glitoris works with Festival leaders like Splendour in The Grass, Mardi Gras, Midsumma Carnival, Falls and Spilt Milk. We partner with household brands to the likes of Nike, Cotton On, Garnier, Nova, Hello Fresh, AAMI insurance, Flight Center, Smirnoff, Archie Rose and more.
- Do you have a passion for fun festi fashion/looks, glitter, makeup and hurrrr styles?
- Do you have formal training in hair or makeup and love nothing more than making people feel/ look like a million bucks with fire HOT looks?
- Do you live the #Freelancer life? Are you OTT on organisation, hold an ABN, reliable and responsive AF?
- Do you work solo, but love to work in the community of like-minded legends?
- Do you love festivals and events? #PassTheGaffaTape!
- Do you bounce outta bed and love high-energy environments?
Well then, you should probs WERK with us…
Depending on the gig remuneration starts at $50 per/hr but can be as much as $120per/hr depending on the event, your skills/experience and the requirements of the booking.
We post all job opportunities in a closed group so that you can respond to those you have availability for.
More often than not we provide the hair/makeup kit, materials, furniture and set. This means all YOU have to do is bring your amazing self and skills.
- This job ideally suits people who have had some formal training/experience in makeup and/or hair.
- Typically this job suits people who a) run their own freelance business (you will need an ABN as a minimum) and b) have availability on weekends and in the evenings.
- Many of our artists run their own makeup/beauty businesses and work in film/TV, editorial, theatre, face painting, drag or other creative pursuits.
- As a general rule, we hire non-dickheads. We attempt to hunt out people who value working in inclusive environments that celebrate people and creativity.
- We pride ourselves with many of our core team of freelancers (85% of our team to date) who have worked with Glitoris for 6+ years.
- Some artists like working for Glitoris because it is super fun, mostly because it is often different for a typical MUA/hairstylist day-to-day, others because of the opportunities it provides (both creatively, through friendship and from a network perspective) and all love it as its a chance to be themselves in the workplace.
Don’t believe us?
Of course, you don’t. It could all be marketing BS. Take a look under the hood, you can read our most recent responses from our freelancer survey on our website https://www.glitoris.com.au/pages/careers.
To express interest and receive more info (like a role description and chat with one of our real people) please fill in the 5-minute EOI form on our careers page