Literary Agent's Assistant
Posted 6 Nov 2023
Closes 6 Dec 2023
We have a wonderful opportunity for someone to join a well-respected talent agency in their literary department supporting their agents. The ideal candidate could come from a variety of backgrounds, but must have superior attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills and will not be afraid of a heavy workload in a fast-paced environment.
This role requires someone who can multitask and learn and adapt quickly. You must be a quick reader, with excellent writing skills and be a discreet, confident person. Advanced computer skills across a variety of applications and platforms are essential.
In the role you will gain a birds-eye view of the screen industry and 360-degree experience in learning every aspect of working with creatives and content makers’ ensuring that the systems and practices support the greatest efficiency for the department.
The company offers growth opportunities for the right person and the chance to work with a great tight-knit team.
- Assist the Agents
- Manage a heavy call volume across the company
- Keep the various administration systems updated
- Schedule meetings and travel based on a complex calendar for clients and their engagements, as well as for the Agent’s
- Support the workflow of the Agent’s and the department
- Maintain an awareness of the Agent’s obligations (both internal and external) to anticipate needs
- Process Licenses for Amateur Theatre Productions in consultation with clients and applicants
- Complete other assignments and duties as notified from time to time
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience in the production/entertainment industry
- One year minimum in previous role in administrative or assistant position, preferably in the creative sector
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills – both written and verbal
- Fast and accurate keyboard skills
- Team player who works collaboratively to ensure work is completed to deadlines
- Must be detailed oriented and able to handle complex instructions with care and follow-through
- Advanced level of competence in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel as well as databases
- Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness in the execution of assigned tasks
- Superior creative problem-solving skills
- Drive for providing exceptional support to the team
- Ability to multi-task projects, manage stakeholders across the company and externally and pivot across functions with great organisation, flexibility and
- Accountability whilst maintaining detail
- Dependable and proactive
- Systems oriented and a keen eye for improving efficiencies and practices
- Knowledge of the key players in the film and television industry and the basics of production
- Friendly and open demeanour
- Eager to read high volume of materials and do so quickly
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- A passion for the film and television business
APPLY NOW or message firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Contact Name: Kara Little
- Contact Email: email@example.com