Junior Video Content Creator
Posted 2 Nov 2023
Closes 2 Dec 2023
Job Status: Full time, Ongoing
Salary: Base salary of $53,816 per annum plus 11% superannuation contributions
Position No: SOH2276
Applications Close: Sunday 19th November 2023, 11:59pm
Role Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
An organisation where diversity of thought & experience is valued, supported & respected.
At the Sydney Opera House, you will be surrounded by supportive and hardworking teams who are filled with passion and creativity. You will be inspired to create value in everything you do and will be provided with opportunities to grow and achieve while making a positive contribution to our community. Our vision for diversity, inclusion and belonging (DI&B) is that the Sydney Opera House – who we are and everything we do – reflects and respects the diversity of the community. Our 2021-23 DI&B Strategy sets out the change we are driving in the lead up to our 50th anniversary in 2023. These commitments work hand in hand with the commitments in our longstanding Reconciliation, Accessibility and Environmental Action Plans.
We welcome and encourage applications from First Nations people, recognising the value, unique skills, and knowledge that First Nations employees bring to the workplace. We encourage applications from people of all genders, as well as people from one or more of these underrepresented groups/communities, including but not limited to d/Deaf and Disabled people/people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people who identify as LGBTIQ+.
We recognise that everyone is unique, and that you might require some adjustments to ensure you have the best opportunity to apply and put your skills forward for consideration. If we can make some adjustments to the SOH recruitment/interview process to better enable you to shine, then please email us at email@example.com to let us know. Adjustments may include but are not limited to; alternate application methods, interview setup, physical requirements, interpreters, or other access supports or specific interview availability times and more.
For more information about the Sydney Opera House please refer to our website.
YOUR NEW ROLE
The Junior Content Creator role is responsible for editing video content and supporting the wider team with basic motion graphics.
The role is part of SOH’s Creative Studio team. Creative Studio exist to champion and deliver engaging creative communications and to present a unique and unified Sydney Opera House brand. This role supports the Video Content Specialist in delivering a wide variety of content.
The role will suit a recent graduate looking to learn and grow in a fast-paced creative environment.
Further detailed information about the role and its requirements can be obtained from the role description.
ARE YOU THE ONE?
- Tertiary qualification in multimedia, communications, or design
- Experience in a professional creative/design environment e.g. internship
- A portfolio demonstrating good understanding of ideas and technical skills
- Willingness to collaborate and follow creative direction
- Hunger to learn and develop through mentorship
- Understanding of editing video and storytelling
- Basic understanding of shooting content
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro and file formats
- Basic motion graphics and Adobe After Effects skills
BENEFITS & CULTURE
As Australia’s premier cultural institution, tourism destination & a celebrated community meeting place, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and dynamic working environment for all our staff.
With values of Creativity, Courage, Inclusivity, Integrity, Courage and Care your professional life is provided with every opportunity to succeed and develop in your chosen profession.
Working with the Sydney Opera House gives you access to a fantastic range of benefits including:
- Flexible working arrangements.
- 5-week’s annual leave.
- Access to a range of internal and external professional development programs and staff engagement initiatives.
- Staff community groups like SOH Pride, First Nations Staff Network, Sustainable Environmental Action Leaders (aka ‘SEALs’) and more.
- Fitness Passport & complimentary wellbeing programs including Pilates, yoga, circuit classes, physiotherapy sessions as well as other wellbeing initiatives.
- Working for an organisation with a 6 Star Green Star Performance Rating from the Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA).
- Working for an organisation who has committed to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- And many more!
SOUND LIKE YOU? APPLY!
Applicants are asked to please create a profile at https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au and include the following documents with their applications:
- An up-to-date resume (of no more than five pages).
- A cover letter, addressing suitability for the role (of no more than one page).
- Link to portfolio of work or showreel demonstrating relevant skills.
In addition, applicants will be prompted to answer the two following targeted questions in the online application platform.
- As a video editor, whose work do you admire and why?
- How do you stay updated on the latest video trends?
Please note, only applicants who apply online and include the requested documentation will be considered for this position, unless otherwise discussed.
To be eligible to apply for this position, applicants must have existing Australian work rights. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and Pre-Employment Health Assessment. The assessment seeks information only relevant to performing the inherent requirements of the job, it remains strictly confidential and applicants will be informed of the result.
Applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies
- Contact Name: Reema Ali
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org