Junior PR and Social Consultant
Posted 15 May 2023
Closes 14 Jun 2023
Candid is a Sydney-based PR agency that was founded on an ethos of doing great work and having a laugh along the way; being candid, clever, and creative with a can-do attitude.
We’re on the hunt for a passionate, driven and confident Junior PR and Social Consultant to join our team and work across our growing suite of consumer lifestyle brands; Golden Goose, Jimmy Brings, Skullcandy just to name a few…
We work remotely (or anywhere with Wi-Fi) but our close-knit team still meets up regularly for team outings and working together days.
This role would be perfect for someone who has 1 year of experience within an agency or a competent university graduate with internship experience, or someone looking to grow their career in the PR world.
What you need
- A courageous and curious attitude – you want to make your mark at a small agency that punches above its weight
- Excellent media contacts (or at least the ability to build your contacts quickly)
- A passion for the industry and current affairs
- Applied thinking (because there isn’t always a rule book)
- Razor sharp attention-to-detail
- University degree or relevant industry experience
What’s involved in your day-to-day
- Copywriting: Crafting press releases, media pitches, long-form content pieces, feature articles, case studies, and product pieces, key message documents, FAQs, and talent briefs
- Pitch press releases and feature ideas by phone or email to national, regional and trade journalists, across print, broadcast and online, to interest them in covering a client story
- Promptly respond to phone calls and emails from the team and journalists
- Arrange interviews and editorial meetings with key journalists for clients’ spokespeople – in person or over the phone – and facilitate these meetings when required
- Update and manage the master media list
- Monitor media coverage and report results, in a timely manner, to the wider team and clients
- Track and report on earned media coverage results
- Attend training, client events, and industry conferences
- Deliver influencer and social strategy and implementation
- Deliver analytics reports on social media; reporting on traffic, engagement, and uplift
- Brainstorm fresh ideas for PR campaigns
- Generate proactive ideas for clients and Candid
- Manage multiple projects to deliver results on or before the deadline
- English language fluency: You need to have excellent written and spoken English
- Copywriting skills: You need to be hot on spelling, grammar and proof-reading, as well as have a creative flair for producing engaging copy
- Presentation skills: From communicating ideas to your team to presenting stories to journalists, you need to organise information in a succinct and interesting way to capture their attention
- Strong interpersonal skills: Whether it’s over the phone, by email or in person, PR is all about people, so you need to be approachable, friendly and empathetic, and be able to relate to people on different levels within the agency, with clients and with the media.
- Excellent email and telephone manner: You will spend a lot of your time pitching stories to journalists, so you need to have the confidence to pick up the phone and speak to them and maintain a positive, friendly, and upbeat tone
- Timekeeping: You will often be working to tight media deadlines as well as meeting the demands and pressures of your team and clients, so you need to be able to work efficiently, without compromising on quality
- Resilience: You need to be ballsy enough to pick up the phone to national journalists and resilient enough to handle criticism and rejection
- A relevant degree such as Communications and Media, Arts, PR, Journalism or English Literature is normally expected but not essential.
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in marketing/public relations, preferably in the consumer comms will be viewed favourably
- Experience managing midsize accounts
- Prior experience working in a PR agency, press office or fast-paced media environment is preferable. However, the amount of experience you need varies by agency
What’s in it for you?
- Unrivalled career and personal development
- A flexible, warm, and relaxed team environment offering all the support you need to grow
- A lively and creative culture
- That pesky work-life balance thing
- Monthly team bonding activities
- Fortnightly working together days
- Summer Fridays
- Discretionary leave at Christmas time
- Your birthday off – not taken from your annual leave allocation
- This is a fantastic role – working within a friendly and supportive team with a great company culture, remotely. However, we also know you can work from anywhere so remote and hybrid options are available.
- Contact Name: Olivia Meena
- Contact Email: email@example.com