Posted 17 Jun 2022
Closes 17 Jul 2022
Who we are:
I Quit Sugar is Australia’s largest health and wellness community who are passionately following a low sugar life. Established 11 years ago, IQS is in a new stage of growth as we relaunch our new website and blog, tick program and partnerships. We are thought leaders, and idea generators who love to find facts and help inform without the BS.
What we need:
We are looking for a Junior Copywriter/Editor to join the energetic I Quit Sugar team. We are looking a highly motivated self starter to write engaging, speedy copy, on time and on brief. Come up with bright, original ideas and passionately believe in quality at every stage. Follow trends and news and be able to spin out new relevant content that our community is hungry to read. Produce content that is factual and informative and drives great engagement.
– Planning, researching and creating anything from compelling articles and social posts to eDMs, sharp shareable reels to SEO driven long form pieces; you will be generating new formats and ideas.
– Love SEO. You live to see google ranks.
– Are driven to always do better. You watch how all your articles perform and are constantly measuring their success. You are constantly in a learn and grow mindset as you test, test, test to get better results.
– Being obsessed with health and wellness, all things editorial and digital, and actively looking for shareable engaging ideas.
– Being proactive to finding new stories, bring new ideas to the table and create a process that helps content run efficiently.
– Collaborate with our Designers and Social Team to ensure copy and visuals tell the best story together.
Skills & experience:
Ability to deliver both long copy (blogs, editorial, eDMs) as well as short, sharp copy for social.
An interest in health and wellness.
Must love words and visuals; being able to show this through personal projects is an advantage.
Should have a good awareness of what brands are up to in content and excited about social media and the role that brands play.
Should be excited about digital and tech innovations, and social-media savvy; always seeking to keep up to speed and thinking how updates could be useful.
You need to be very organised, self reliant and able to juggle multiple projects and deadlines.
A flexible and positive attitude to new ways of working and collaboration is vital. Be passionate about always being better, ‘okay’ should never be enough.
What type of person should you be?
We are a small hardworking energetic team who work collaboratively on all projects. We want someone who will get in and get things done, bring ideas to the table and work autonomously. You should be someone who thrives on challenges and wants to dive into the deep end. Your attention to detail is second to none, and you love to see how your work drive results.