JUNIOR COFFEE MACHINE TECHNICIAN
Posted 14 Mar 2023
Closes 13 Apr 2023
JOB SUITS SCHOOL LEAVERS – IMMEDIATE START
APPRENTICE OR TRAINEE ROLE
ALL APPLICANTS MUST RESIDE IN AUSTRALIA NOW
Just finished school, interested in the technical field, but not sure which industry? An exciting career opportunity exists to join a great equipment company as a supporting team member as a Junior workshop Technician!
Sanremo Australia (trading as Premier Products) is an Australian company based in Rydalmere NSW. Our company provides commercial and domestic coffee equipment to a range of different clients in the Australian market.
Due to rapid growth of our business, we are looking for our next technical superstar.
Working under supervision (initially) we require an enthusiastic person to become our next technician working on commercial and domestic coffee equipment. You will be required to learn all aspects of the equipment, both electrical and hydraulic systems, including servicing, run up of new equipment and fault finding.
This position is on a full-time basis, with the opportunity for part time study for a Restricted and or Certificate 3 in Appliance Technician through NSW TAFE.
The primary component of this role is the unpacking, bench testing and prepping of coffee machines for dispatch. Throughout this process the Junior Coffee Machine Technician will gain an in-depth technical knowledge of the machine range used to progress in the field of technical.
The role will be supported by the Technical Relationship Manager, to supervise and assist in the daily task of bench testing and learning to refurbish espresso machines.
Key Responsibilities / Requirements:
1. Ensure that all equipment inspections, repairs, and tests are performed to required standards.
2. Assist in the Inspection / Run up of all incoming equipment prior to dispatch.
3. Ensure that the service department and stores area is well maintained and kept clean.
4. Provide onsite support as required.
5. Learn the Sanremo range of products and develop an in-depth technical knowledge on all products which can be used to assist our customers.
6. Carry out other ad-hoc tasks assigned to you by Management.
7. Assist as required in the field on emergency breakdowns when instructed
Qualifications & Experience:
· Ability to confidently use both manual and electric hand tools.
· Strong time management and communication skills.
· To work as part of a team.
· Great customer service skills
· A passion for the technical field
· Basic computer skills in Office systems.
What’s on offer:
Attractive salary package including super
Fully paid TAFE technical qualification (after initial probation period)
Employer questionsYour application will include the following questions:
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you available to travel for this role when required?
- How far are you willing to travel for work?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?