Graphic Designer / Illustrator
Posted 13 Sep 2022
Closes 13 Oct 2022
We are Seeker Agency, Australia’s leading Events and Activations agency.
Our approach is simple: Great People Doing Great Things For Great Brands. We launched over 14 years ago with some incredible clients on large-scale events, smaller experiences, global projects and epic brand activations.
We deliver events that are creative and daring and bold. Underpinning everything we do is expert strategy and a focus on results. We specialise in understanding brands and customers — delivering an authentic and results-driven event experience.
With a highly skilled team filled with an eclectic mix of design and production professionals, Seeker Agency is searching for an Experiential Graphic Designer / Illustrator who can deliver across a diverse range of experiential marketing and event activity.
Job title – Graphic Designer / Illustrator
Manager – Director, Creative Lead
Position: Full-time and office-based
Location – Balaclava, Melbourne
- With a keen eye for experiential graphic design, you will work closely with the Creative team to develop high quality, creatively-led graphics and digital illustrations for branded experiences, events and activations
- Bring innovative ideas, strong visual communication and creative design solutions to numerous projects simultaneously including but not limited to print-ready artwork, web-ready artwork, eDMs, social media, way-finding and signage etc.
- Interpret and work to detailed design briefs from initial concept to finished art
- Develop illustrations, logos and brand identities etc. that communicate client brand stories and messaging
- Manage end-to-end graphic design and production from ideation to briefing, designing, quality control and production through to the end outcome and results
- Finesse internal documents such as proposals, tenders, case studies, content for socials etc.
- Collate imagery and create expressive mood boards to articulate event concepts and vision
- Collaborate with internal teams (Production, Account Services, Finance) on the end-to-end delivery of a project
- Work with external strategic partners to create products using the most current industry best practices
- Deliver design outcomes of exceptional quality that meet event, marketing, and brand objectives.
- You love the challenge of high-performing team, demanding deadlines, creative freedom and ownership of result
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and Adobe suite a must
- Strong understanding of marketing, branding and visual communication strategies
- A conceptual thinker who also understands practical outcomes and applications
- Strong attention to detail and relentlessly high standards in creative production with proven experience in digital and print execution
- An impeccable eye-for-detail and design
- A strong interest in emerging trends in design
- The ability to creatively problem-solve and multi-task
- Strong time-management skills
- The confidence and drive to proactively offer fresh ideas
- A desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Possess a cooperative, collaborative, solution-orientated mindset and can-do attitude
- Experience with spatial design, 3D rendering and animation platforms looked upon favourably
- An understanding of print pre-press helpful but not essential
- A minimum of two years experience in brand/event identity across multiple brand portfolios in an agency environment required
With a passionate attitude to go the extra mile and a willingness to share knowledge and collaborate with others, you will champion an open, supportive, and results-driven culture. With a few years already under your belt, you’ll be ready to bring your wealth of design and creative mastery to the team.
Sound like you? Please send a cover letter, your resume and your portfolio for your application – including reasons why you want to work with Seeker Agency. Applications without a cover letter and portfolio will not be considered.