Posted 16 Nov 2022
Closes 16 Dec 2022
The Local Project is Australia, New Zealand and Asia Pacific’s fastest growing design publication, celebrating extraordinary local design to our global community. With an emphasis on the highest quality local architecture and design, The Local Project celebrates honest and human-centred design through premium print, digital, editorial, video and social content, with over 83M impressions per month across our owned, operated and third-party platforms. Our content and products are underpinned by beautiful and accessible design and as we enter this next phase of growth, we are seeking a full-time Mid-weight Graphic Designer to join our expanding Sydney team.
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated, creative individual, with an understanding of both digital and print media who is ready for the next step in their design career. In this role, you will be able to apply your expertise across our many platforms and develop your skills within our small team.
If you have a passion for creating original and industry-leading creative and want to bring your experience to the world of architecture and design news media, we want to hear from you!
The Local Project is on an exciting journey. Come join us as we grow our team, embark on the next phase of national and international expansion, secure new partnerships and create more content for our loyal and growing community.
- Digital content creation for web and social media: designing and managing assets for our website and social media channels including EDMs, social media content, web banners (static and animated)
- Delivering high-quality design for print collateral and our tri-annual print publications: The Local Project, The Commercial Project, The Local Marketplace
- Creating and managing documents and presentations for clients as well as internal use
- Working collaboratively with the wider design team, including helping manage junior designers, to deliver outputs on time and to brief
- 2 – 3 year’s experience in a similar role
- Tertiary qualifications in the Graphic Design or Visual Communication fields, or similar
- A background knowledge, or interest, in the Architecture and Design industry
- Advanced skills across the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Intermediate knowledge of After Effects and Premiere Pro required
- A strong understanding of design concepts and how they are implemented across web, digital, social and print
- A strong portfolio of work across web, print and social media channels
- An understanding of the key social media platforms we use – Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube
- Ability to adhere to brand style guides and ensure consistency of visual and brand content – a great eye for detail and consistency is essential
- Ability to think and deliver outputs creatively and independently, but also in a collaborative and flexible manner
- Ability to communicate clearly with your team and clients
- Ability to prioritise tasks and thrive in a deadline driven environment
- Knowledge of current design-best practices across print and digital platforms
- Ability to undertake self-directed learning, show initiative and manage multiple tasks
- An understanding of how to work within a small and tight knit team
- Strong organisational skills and acute attention to detail essential
- A professional attitude and work ethic
- Competitive salary + super, with annual salary reviews
- Mentoring and excellent career progression and development opportunities
- Being part of Australia and New Zealand’s largest and fastest growing media platform
- Travel and networking opportunities
- Inclusive and supportive team culture
- Fun, creative, and social team environment including a fully stocked fridge and pantry
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
People are at the heart of our business and The Local Project is committed to creating a culture underpinned by diversity and inclusion. At The Local Project, we celebrate the unique qualities of our team so everyone can bring their whole selves to work, where they can thrive and belong. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people of any race, sexual orientation, gender, age or ethnicity, and those who are culturally or linguistically diverse, gender diverse, neuro-diverse or living with disability.
Please send a copy of your CV, cover letter and examples of your work via email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Contact Name: Tulliz Bakar
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org