General Manager - Ritz Cinemas Randwick
Posted 23 Jun 2022
Closes 23 Jul 2022
Is the ICONIC Ritz Cinemas looking for you?
We are currently looking for a General Manager to join our cinema family in Randwick! This person will helm our Ritz Team alongside two Assistant Managers, a Bar Manager, and supporting 42 amazing casual staff.
Ritz Cinemas is a Sydney icon with beautiful Art Deco bones that have been lovingly brought back to life recently with a playfully vibrant renovation! As a premium Sydney venue Ritz Cinemas showcases live comedy, tribute acts, live performances, premium film festivals, alternate and retrospective film programing; all this alongside the Hollywood movie blockbusters and showstoppers that you know and love. Sound exciting? …let us tell you more!
The primary focus of our General Manager is to engage and ignite our Ritz Team to produce the no.1 customer cinema experience in Australia, if not the world! When you join us, you will inspire your team to knock all site goals out of the park with your courageous team leadership; achieving all KPI’s and key competencies including sales, customer experience, food & beverage targets, staff engagement and site operations.
This role is unique, exciting, dynamic, fast paced and absolutely central to our Ritz Cinemas success. You will be the ultimate leadership force, you will wear many hats at once and be the go-to guru for all things Film and Food & Bev.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Guarantee team members are engaged in the business through display of passion, active coaching and continual feedback.
- Hold self and other accountable for achieving set targets; leads by example.
- Promote and reward positive behaviours; at times in front of team to set a high example.
- Remain calm in times of adversity and looks to improve performance rather than blame.
- Provide a culture of safety for team members to feel supported and nurtured; inspiring them to grow themselves professionally and consequently allowing stronger retention and development of rock star performers.
- Actively seek to understand site daily and weekly targets and all progressive results.
- Ensure that patrons are the No.1 priority at all times and walk away with a positive and memorable experience.
- A keen eye for Food & Beverage trends and service standards; reviewing menu items and processes to ensure potency.
- Optimise labour levels through rostering and daily shift adjustments.
- Film programming, digital projection and on-screen presentation, and site maintenance.
- Understanding and owning digital projection – audio visual and projection systems and technology.
- Ensure monthly stock ordering and levels are completed to Company standards and business needs.
- Lovingly oversee all building maintenance and repairs.
The Facts and Figures
While Full-Time, the role does require some cheeky nights and playful weekend shifts. We work when the rest of the world is out to play, so holiday and public holiday work is also on the table. But even though you’re on shift – we make it fun!
The split will most likely be 4 day shifts to 1 night/weekend, with close shifts finishing at midnight.
What you bring…
We celebrate the unusual, so even if you haven’t worked in Cinema or a related field we want to hear from you. Our style is unafraid and daring; if you are willing to take the plunge and jump into a new industry, we are willing to take that leap with you.
With that in mind, we want to meet you if you have:
- 5 years’+ experience in entertainment/hospitality/retail management.
- Fearless leadership, communication and relationship management skills including verbal and written with the ability to adapt communication styles to suit different stakeholders from junior staff to a broad range of customers and suppliers
- Hospitality experience is preferred as we will be focusing on perfecting our menu and F&B offering in the first few months of the role being filled.
- Operational experience in a dynamic, often fast paced and varied workplace within the entertainment or hospitality industries.
- A childlike sense of enthusiasm and curiosity; paired with an overall warm & agile style
- An outgoing personality with the ability to quickly build rapport, manage any issues gracefully and set a shining example to all staff as well as collaborating with our whole team across the Ritz’s sister sites in Melbourne – Cameo (Belgrave), Classic (Elsternwick) and Lido (Hawthorn)
- An attention to detail and an organised, passionate and proactive drive for continuous improvement and innovation
- High level of commitment and proactive approach to delivering excellent customer service
- Extremely organised with confidence to delegate responsibility and prioritise tasks as required
- Consistently high standards of personal presentation with a sense of style and professionalism in appearance that complements our brand
- Established skills in using Microsoft Office programs including Word, Outlook and Excel
Who are we?
While ‘Moving Story – Lido, Classic, Cameo, Ritz Cinemas’ is a mouthful of a Company name, what we stand for is simple and unwavering…
We are the tongue-in-cheek, well informed cinephile. We have the newest and most relevant information for fellow film lovers. We make it our purpose to always look for the weird and wonderful and share it with our followers. We are never snobbish, we appreciate and can see the value of all films.
We care about the communities and stories we’re contributing to, and we want to share our gifts with others. We have big ideas and a strong vision for our future.
Can you see yourself in our vision for the future? If so please apply via this platform. Please be aware only successful candidates will be contacted.
APPLICATION CLOSES: 5pm Monday, 26th July 2022
To learn more about our Cinemas, please visit https://www.ritzcinemas.com.au/Page/Homeand follow “Moving Story – Lido, Classic, Cameo, Ritz Cinemas” on LinkedIn & our Socials.
- Contact Name: Jade O'Loughlin
- Contact Email: email@example.com