Posted 3 Jun 2022
Closes 3 Jul 2022
Dinosaur Design’s is one of Australia’s leading design and manufacturing brands and we are looking for a Production Supervisor to manage and make our assembled jewellery in our Sydney studio.
Working alongside the Production Manager and other Production Supervisors, the ideal candidate is someone who is ready to take on more responsibility in terms of developing their teams and maintaining a high production output.
The Finishing Supervisor will have a 2IC as a direct report, to assist them with daily tasks, fix problems that arise and work together cohesively to create an efficient, clean, organised workshop and seamless flow of product in and out of it.
The production work for this role will consist of assembling resin and metal necklaces, pendants, keyrings, earrings and salt/pepper grinders. Experience with jewellery manufacturing is essential. Managing and fixing the repairs that come in from our stores will also be part of this role.
- – Good verbal communication skills
- – Ability to assess problems and rectify where possible
- – Excellent time management skills for meeting deadlines
- – High degree of initiative and innovation and is able to get results without direct supervision
- – A proactive approach in resolving issues
- – Be responsible for the entire department including staff, products and machines
- -Experience assembling/making jewellery
- -Basic soldering skills
Daily tasks will include:
- – Attending the daily Supervisors meeting, bringing along the plan for the day and items to follow up with other Supervisors
- – Addressing issues of problems that arise from sanding, machines etc
- – Supervising and developing staff to their full potential
- – General area upkeep and organisation
- – Leading by example in all regards, especially safety
- – Delegating tasks to their 2IC or other team members for best time use and management
- – Close communication with the Procurement Manager for metal components and the Jewellery Sanding Supervisor for resin components
Together with the Finishing 2IC you will be responsible for the product from receiving components through to delivery at the warehouse, constantly looking for ways to improve current methods. Thinking strategically about the department and its needs are an important part of this role.
If you are interested in this position and would like to find out more, please contact Tom or email your CV and a brief cover letter to: email@example.com
- Contact Name: Tom
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org