Posted 11 Jan 2023
Closes 15 Feb 2023
Oaktree is an ambitious non-for-profit, with the mission of young people leading, demanding and creating a just world. Our volunteers are our biggest strength at Oaktree, so it’s incredibly important to efficiently recruit, train and maintain a strong volunteer base. At Oaktree, we believe that young Australians can create a more just and sustainable world by backing locally-led youth-centred organisations around the Asia-Pacific.
As a Finance Officer, you’ll play a crucial role in ensuring that Oaktree’s operations are financially sustainable and that financial decisions maximise our impact. Among other things, you’ll assist with financial reporting, processing payments, and evaluating Oaktree’s processes and procedures.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Assist with Oaktree’s financial reporting obligations.
- Ensure the accuracy of financial recording and reporting through reviewing Oaktree’s accounting records on Xero.
- Process payroll, invoices, and monthly reconciliations.
- Assist the Financial Controller and CFO with ad-hoc tasks.
- Evaluate Oaktree’s current financial controls and processes, and provide specific recommendations for improvements
- Participate in team and organisation-wide activities.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
- Is a motivated and driven individual with a strong work ethic.
- Has experience in statistical analysis and financial forecasting.
- Has good written and verbal communication skills.
- Has good time management skills.
- Can work well both independently and within a team.
- Is interested in deepening their understanding of an organisation’s financial controls and functions.
- Has the initiative and drive to continue to learn and improve.
We value will over skill, determination over degrees, and passion over years of experience. So go for it. Put your name forward!
TIME COMMITMENT: 5 – 10 hours per week (Friday preferred, volunteer).
REQUIREMENT: Valid Working with Children’s Check in Victoria (you can apply for one if you are an interstate volunteer)
REPORTS TO: Financial Controller
DEPARTMENT: Finance Team
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Wednesday 15th February @11:59pm
For any questions, queries, or concerns, please contact Begona Lee, Financial Controller at email@example.com
- Contact Name: Lucie Tolhoek
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org