Sydney - CBD/Metro/Inner East & West
Posted 7 Sep 2022
Closes 7 Oct 2022
Premgroup is home to world-renowned and innovative fast-fashion labels Runaway The Label, Seven Wonders, Prem The Label, and She Is Us. We are proudly Australian-owned, designed and distributed, and are loved both locally and internationally.
Designed for women who are always on the go, always in the know, and always the best dressed in the room. Premgroup is known for its effortless and on-trend styles, inspired by the latest looks from the runway, social media, and street style.
Our team works in an open, inspiring, and collaborative environment in our Sydney HQ and is always on the lookout for someone with fresh perspectives and unique talent to join our ever-growing family.
What’s on offer
We’re committed to bringing on a creative and diverse team that will fit in well with our collaborative and dynamic work environment.
- Work with a global organisation that offers opportunities for growth and career progressions within the company
- Strong ties within the fashion industry and with influencers, meaning that your designs will be showcased internationally
- Competitive salary as well as generous staff discounts across all labels
About the role
As our newest team member, you will be responsible for creating collections in alignment with current local and international fashion trends.
Within the role, you will be responsible for:
- Trend forecasting, building mood boards for upcoming collections
- Collaborating and brainstorming with Creative Director, Assistant Designer, and team
- Creating detailed tech packs for approved designs
- Taking ownership of the development process, including fitting the samples and sending outfit comments
- Collaborating with the design and buying team to ensure the designs are delivered on time and in alignment with the critical path
- Continuously learning from the performance of launched designs to improve upcoming collections
Your sharp sense of style along with your design training and experience will ensure that you are able to follow through with your designs from initial sketch to final sample, whilst embracing our brand’s vision and inspiring the team to do the same.
You will also have:
- Min. 3 years experience in a similar role
- Proven experience using Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Tertiary qualification in Fashion Design or relevant field
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft, specifically Excel
- A creative and collaborative approach to design
- An understanding of design from a technical perspective; i.e appropriate fabric selection, garment fittings, technical specifications, and production sketches
- Proven experience in creating high-quality CADs and tech packs
- Excellent communication, time management, and organisational skills with exceptional attention to detail